95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...A corvette may be similar in value proposition, but I’m not really a Chevy enthusiast.
I think the basic C7 Corvette is boring. It is above the price of a new Mustang Shelby GT350. The GT350 is faster.

The C7 Z06 Corvette is good, but we are talking around ~$100K.
Sponsored

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I would pay $40K+ for one with a replacement engine that still has the factory warranty and the owner's package.
Nobody is offering such a car for sale, so what you or anyone would pay is not relevant. I would not expect any substantial discount on a car that was fixed. You might get a bit off, maybe a couple grand, but there’s plenty of buyers out there that will see the car, and buy it because it’s pretty.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I think the basic C7 Corvette is boring. It is above the price of a new Mustang Shelby GT350. The GT350 is faster.

The C7 Z06 Corvette is good, but we are talking around ~$100K.
I have a friend with a 2018 C7 base. It's a REALLY sharp car. On paper, they are nearly identical in performance. Yesterday we swapped cars and romped around, hard. The Vette felt like a more expensive car inside, and it was fun to drive. It just seems like a richer car. But he paid $4k less than I did, but its value is dropping like a rock, especially with the C8 coming.

Oh, and the GT350 FEELS SO MUCH FASTER. and of course SOUNDS so much better!

As for future value, I just hope it depreciates slower than most cars. Ideally, bottoming out at a decent number so that in 8 years when my warranty is up, I can make a tough decision about keeping vs selling.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody is offering such a car for sale, so what you or anyone would pay is not relevant. I would not expect any substantial discount on a car that was fixed. You might get a bit off, maybe a couple grand, but there’s plenty of buyers out there that will see the car, and buy it because it’s pretty.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. This is a message board so it was my opinion. I think we are talking about a 2016 GT350?

The matching number car will depreciate (with the owner's package). The replaced engine would bother me. Please say what your number is for a 2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 with a replacement engine?

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Like I said, the 350 is a great value, especially for anyone who buys a 16 for 38k.
I’ve been watching 17s w/10-20k miles drop down to $40,000. I’m leaning toward pulling the trigger in a couple months and upgrade from my 16 GT.

I will say if I saw a low mileage (10-20k miles) 2017 with a replacement 2019 engine, I would jump all on it. Upgraded engine and far less issues than the earlier iteration. I plan on driving the car 3 years/60k miles so the collector factor means nothing to me. Everyone has different priorities with their vehicle.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend with a 2018 C7 base. It's a REALLY sharp car. On paper, they are nearly identical in performance. Yesterday we swapped cars and romped around, hard. The Vette felt like a more expensive car inside, and it was fun to drive. It just seems like a richer car. But he paid $4k less than I did, but its value is dropping like a rock, especially with the C8 coming.

Oh, and the GT350 FEELS SO MUCH FASTER. and of course SOUNDS so much better!

As for future value, I just hope it depreciates slower than most cars. Ideally, bottoming out at a decent number so that in 8 years when my warranty is up, I can make a tough decision about keeping vs selling.
I am not sure about your caps?

I have owned two Corvettes: a C5Z06 and a C6Z06. They are good cars if you like cheap interiors.
Z06b2.jpg

I bought the above C5Z06 from a cop that worked dogs at the airport (the dog was looking for illegal stuff). He paid $55K cash for it, and I got it for $25K.a couple of years later and then traded it and $5K for a C6Z06. It was still not what I wanted.

ComeIngotIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT PP1
I am not sure about your caps?

I have owned two Corvettes: a C5Z06 and a C6Z06. They are good cars if you like cheap interiors.
Z06b2.jpg

I bought the above C5Z06 from a cop that worked dogs at the airport (the dog was looking for illegal stuff). He paid $55K cash for it, and I got it for $25K.a couple of years later and then traded it and $5K for a C6Z06. It was still not what I wanted.
As someone who’s driven both the C6Z and GT350 how would you compare the two in your opinion?

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya, when I was looking dealers were blowing smoke about slow depreciation and eventual appreciation. I laughed, and told them 10k per year for the first two years and then 5k until bottoming around 35k. I base this on what I see with the prior gen GT500. The correlation is not the car, but the people who buy these cars. They create the demand including the ceiling and floor price in the market. At 35k, there is strong demand for a 16 gt350 that’ll keep it from taking more of a hit over time. The GT500’s have settled between 28 and 35k for 10 yr old examples. I think this car will end up in a similar range, but will adjust for inflation so maybe the bottom is 33 not 28k.

Bottom line, its the market that’ll make the determination. And the dealer who told me he was firm at 58 on his 18, just dropped to 54. I bought my 17 with 7100 miles for 49, one year old, as it sold new may/18.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
If you want something that holds value and even goes up, get a GT3. I'm hoping t get one once I retire and get access to the 401K. A manual 997.1 or 997.2 version. Perhaps even a 996 version, as its a truly analog car with no nannies what so ever. In 20 years or so when its all electric, i think the 350 will have held its value. By then many of them will be crashed or have blown engines....

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
“By then many of them will be crashed or have blown engines....“

Lol, many will blow their engines and then crash. I agree with you, the GT3 is just dang....wow... I’m a Porsche guy too and decided to try the 350 instead of the 911S manual I was looking at due to the 33k difference in price. I have no regrets, but my next car will be a Miami blue 911T.

As far as depreciation goes, the GT3, or any other Porsche is hard to beat. They have strong resale values, and many more 911’s were/are manufacturered than gt350’s. What hurts our cars is that they are just souped up mustangs. Mustangs are a dime a dozen so yeah, depreciation.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I’ve been watching 17s w/10-20k miles drop down to $40,000. I’m leaning toward pulling the trigger in a couple months and upgrade from my 16 GT.

I will say if I saw a low mileage (10-20k miles) 2017 with a replacement 2019 engine, I would jump all on it. Upgraded engine and far less issues than the earlier iteration. I plan on driving the car 3 years/60k miles so the collector factor means nothing to me. Everyone has different priorities with their vehicle.
funny enough i bought my 2017 with 8k miles and a "gen 2" engine. the collector factor isnt a thing for me as i will daily this car. around 15-20k a year.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have both a 2017 GT350 and 2019 C7 ZR1. I paid 2x for ZR1 and I can tell you they are such different cars. GT350 will be the car I hand my keys to my daughter one day. Its nostalgia. I have 49,450 miles on it.

ZR1 is a complete different animal. Its a monster. 800 hp, 3500 lbs, manual transmission. You can take the top off. Its just such an amazing car at so many levels, there is nothing like it. There is no car in the planet that can do everything it can do - regardless of price. Its the most powerful manual transmission car out there. Last front engine, RWD car. In tour mode its as comfortable as a 5 series BMW. In track mode, it can pull over 1.5 lateral g. It accelerates on 5th gear like shelby accelerates on 3rd gear. On a cold 45F degree day, rear breaks loose on 5th gear. It pulls and pulls on 3 digit speeds faster than a commercial airliner does on a runway. And it has 15 cu ft trunk space. It is technically convertible. And gets about 27 mpg on highway due to ridiculously tall 7th gear and extremely high torque engine. Its a car that defies logic because if you go to Porsche, it is basically 911 GTS/GT3/RS/GT2RS/Turbo S/Convertible all combined in 1 car. And I drove every one of those 911s except GT2RS so i am not talking out of my ass.

That being said, if the house was on fire, I would probably save my gt350. So many memories on that car.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Unhandled, what I like about your post is your certainty. That’s cool, no wondering or waffling. You dig it a certain way and you stick with that, yet you are willing to try different things. Good for you, I think I’m the same way. It’s about experiencing the unique features of each ride and determining which you like most.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Unhandled, what I like about your post is your certainty. That’s cool, no wondering or waffling. You dig it a certain way and you stick with that, yet you are willing to try different things. Good for you, I think I’m the same way. It’s about experiencing the unique features of each ride and determining which you like most.
:thumbsup:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who’s driven both the C6Z and GT350 how would you compare the two in your opinion?
I'd say the GT350 is the winner. It has 526 Hp with a very unique flat plan crank. It sounds great, and no other domestic manufacturer has ever made one.

I like the backseat on the Mustang. It is for the extra storage. My GT350 and my Porsche 911 both have a backseat. The Corvette nor the Cayman have it.

All three brands are reliable so spend your money as to your own requirements.
Sponsored