Sponsored

2019 GT350 with new engine

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
I would appreciate your thoughts.I know of a loaded 2019 GT350 that blew the engine with less than 250 miles.It was bought back and will be available to buy from the Ford dealer.How much does a new engine effect the price?Does it hurt later resale?Is it worth even considering ?If you had a 2015 would you consider selling it to get a newer car?Its out of state and the color is white.Thanks
Sponsored

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
If you are looking at long term value I would think your 2015 would be better. Obviously the 2019 is the better car but do you track your car or drive it on the bleeding edge? If not I would stick with the 2015 being the first year and lowest production numbers.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I would appreciate your thoughts.I know of a loaded 2019 GT350 that blew the engine with less than 250 miles.It was bought back and will be available to buy from the Ford dealer.How much does a new engine effect the price?Does it hurt later resale?Is it worth even considering ?If you had a 2015 would you consider selling it to get a newer car?Its out of state and the color is white.Thanks
Resale for the normal non R 350's won't ever be that great in my opinion as so many were built and even most of the R's will never hold super high resale value (the base's might in the future). With a 15 I will say you have the rarest year so I would either hold on or upgrade. You will always hear about blown engines from any manufacturer people just like to freak out when it comes to 350's. I have a 19 with 0 issues and love the engine so in my opinion I would get a discount on the car since the engine won't be numbers matching anymore and enjoy the hell out of a fabulous car.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Resale for the normal non R 350's won't ever be that great in my opinion
Props to you man for adding this caveat. Only one person, and one person only knows how these cars will play out in history, and that’s Father Time.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I hate to break it to you guys, but our cars are not going to appreciate in value in any meaningful way in the next 20 years. The truth is that these are just mustangs and many were made. Anyone can buy the version of their dreams, easily. They are not hard to find. Look at the market, they are losing 10k a year.

Personally, I think anyone looking into purchasing in 10 years would likely favor the 19 due to the statistically more reliable engine. I know I would.even if its just a perception of more reliable.

Low number chassis on a relatively high production vehicle is meaningless. Even, in my experience, on a low production car. For example, I had an R8 that was 1/20 made as a special edition. When I sold it, I got normal R8 money for it. Nobody was interested in what number and it was substantially different from standard R8's of that year.

These are not ferrari's, porsche's, or Lambos. Yes, they depreciate as well, albeit much more slowly. Gt350's are everyday joe performance cars and while a tremendous performance value, I don't see a market where they appreciate in the near or medium term. Only when the market changes due to electrical vehicle dominance, maybe in 20 years, will there be nostalgia and interest in these cars.

Sorry for the reality check. drive it like you stole it, I don't think any of us are interested in hanging on to these cars for that long.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I agree with Digitalwiz, our cars will start to gain value when the electric vehicle phase kicks into gear. until then, it'll depreciate...... not as fast or as much as regular cars do, but they will depreciate.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Shelby GT350 that I paid $60K.

I would pay $40K+ for one with a replacement engine that still has the factory warranty and the owner's package.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Wimp :wink:

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Wow hope my wife doesn't read this forum. I assured her a GT350 was an investment that will be worth hundreds of thousands some day......
I'm weak.... yikes. A little hint these won't be worth anything is when your rear end has a TSB cause the bumper keeps falling off.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
Like I said, the 350 is a great value, especially for anyone who buys a 16 for 38k. You can’t touch the performance for less than 100k on a used Audi R8, or similar but much older supercar.

A corvette may be similar in value proposition, but I’m not really a Chevy enthusiast.
Sponsored