Sponsored

2019 GT350 Upgrades: Tech, Aerodynamics and Other GT500 Track Improvements

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Demonic is right in saying we should stick to the Blown Engine thread, but my last post regarding this topic here, is that a simple data collection of the members on here versus the number of verified failures is nearing 7%, with the majority of those happening on the street. That is absolutely grounds IMO to claim it as a common rate of occurrence.
Agreed and see my response posted on the appropriate thread.
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Getting this thread back on track, I am interested to see what this wrapped center console is all about.... if they offer a factory option for an alcantara wrapped console, and it doesn't cost a fortune, I think I might have to add this to my interior :)

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Getting this thread back on track, I am interested to see what this wrapped center console is all about.... if they offer a factory option for an alcantara wrapped console, and it doesn't cost a fortune, I think I might have to add this to my interior :)
I would not get my hopes too high (about the cost being reasonable). At the time 2018 premium mustang wrapped and stitched console came out I was thinking about the same and the cost of that is over $900, plus the $200 a piece for the knee bolsters. Even with a good discount, it is quite expensive.

Because I really wanted it though I got it done at a local shop here for less than half the price (details here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100010)

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!! I just bought a C7 last month cause I couldn't find a GT350 at a decent price.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!! I just bought a C7 last month cause I couldn't find a GT350 at a decent price.
First world problems no doubt, you still have a phenomenal sports car for sure :)

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Starting to feel like groundhog day... :lol:

Haven't heard that before!! :D
I would say in this case @PP001 is probably right on track. The regular 350 will be a limited run as it is for 2019 given the timing and upcoming plant shut down.

2019 Rs will be a low number. I do want to see that interior upgrade. I don’t think the R will get any performance upgrades other than maybe some tuning. Need those interior pics.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
... and I like this:

A new high-performance, custom-tuned 12-speaker B&O PLAY audio system by HARMAN is now available for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350, controlled via the now standard 8-inch SYNC® 3 touch screen that features SiriusXM and FordPass™ Connect. Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control is now standard, along with a universal garage door opener.
I'd like to retro that into my 16R.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I actually really like the wheels. Will look for take-off set for the R ;)

Sponsored

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
they need to put the new 12 inch LCD in the gt350. that's a deal breaker for me. hopefully they'll put it in the new gt500 or I'll be very disappointed.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
ala Billy J: GT PP2 closes the gap between current GT350; this update closes the gap between GT350 and R

ala Billy: ABS calibration is much improved; Cup2's aren't the same as the R model, more street centric

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Another thought, for those of you excited you held off on a 2015-2018 GT350, you may be in for a bit of a sticker price shock. This is all about $$$ to Ford, and you can bet the MSRP will be more. Might actually be a great time to pick up a 2018...
im thinking a no option car gonna be 60-61k, same as an electronic pack car now since that is standard. the interior upgrades might be nice but at what cost. B&O, painted stripe, and interior upgrade car gonna be right near 70k

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Very nice to see upgrades coming to the GT350, it's been over due.:thumbsup:

However, I am perhaps in the minority in that I want to keep my '16 GT350 as all original. My '16 track pack has been perfect for my needs and has been very reliable to date (knocks on wood). Never had the urge to upgrade to an R, so don't see myself upgrading to a '19, nor retrofitting any of its upgrades to my car. I just like the notion of keeping what's basically the first full model year of the GT350 as an original. I know it's not a '15, but it's exactly the same car. I liken the '15/'16 to the original '65/'66 GT350.

Having said that, if I didn't have my '16 car, I would certainly be interested in buying a '19. The improvements look to be well sorted for the car. My only wish would be a bump in HP and/or more importantly Torque. Surely there's more that can be had from the Voodoo. But the fact that Ford Performance decided to leave the engine "as is" must be saying something.
Sponsored