PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
So sorry to hear this. Hope it’s something stupid and a easy fix. I wish you the best of luck..👍
I really, really hope so. But considering the way it went out, I can't help but relate to the other '19-'20 engine failures.
Let's hope for the best and wait to hear back from the dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Sorry to hear, that sucks. Would be nice to link up with another Nashville local with good taste in car and color combo - got my fingers crossed for you to get it resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible. Which dealer are you going to?
Hi Chip - yes it would be totally awesome to link up - especially considering we have the same car and color. I'd totally be down for that :)

I am going to Wyatt Johnson Ford here in Nashville. Let's hope that they manage to resolve this. Fingers crossed!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Sorry for your trouble with the car. Hope all be sorted out your way.
Do you know the built date of the motor by any chance?

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Sorry for your trouble with the car. Hope all be sorted out your way.
Do you know the built date of the motor by any chance?
Hello @lenFeb - as a matter of fact, I do! It was built on February 12, 2019.
30th engine built on that day.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
New engine time for sure. Really sucks that so many cars are doing this. I think you're the 10th thread I've seen on here about 2020 engine failures at low miles.

Sponsored

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Hi Chip - yes it would be totally awesome to link up - especially considering we have the same car and color. I'd totally be down for that :)

I am going to Wyatt Johnson Ford here in Nashville. Let's hope that they manage to resolve this. Fingers crossed!
Keep us posted on how it goes. Just learning the dealers around here. I'm in Lebanon and have gone to Bates Ford for a couple little things so far. Get that thing back on the road and we can hit cars and coffee in Franklin.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
New engine time for sure. Really sucks that so many cars are doing this. I think you're the 10th thread I've seen on here about 2020 engine failures at low miles.
It sucks for sure.
I was surprised when the service advisor told me that they have seen “a lot of issues” with the 350 motors.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Keep us posted on how it goes. Just learning the dealers around here. I'm in Lebanon and have gone to Bates Ford for a couple little things so far. Get that thing back on the road and we can hit cars and coffee in Franklin.
That sounds great man. Can’t wait to see both our cars parked next to each other :)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It sucks for sure.
I was surprised when the service advisor told me that they have seen “a lot of issues” with the 350 motors.
From what I've seen on here, it seems most of the low mileage failures result from a dropped valve. Why that is happening, I have zero clue. But I'd bet $1 that's what happened to you and why you observed what you did. Interestingly enough GM is having the same issue with the C8 Corvette and the new LT2 engine.

Hopefully they get it fixed quick for you and get you back to having fun. I wouldn't worry about the loss of value at this point, they made a bunch of these cars and it's not that rare of an issue despite what people on here will say. Plenty of other "devalued" examples out there. If a motor makes it past 10,000 miles it will likely run for the rest of the lifetime of the vehicle. Manufacturing or assembly defects have a habit of showing up REAL quick.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
From what I've seen on here, it seems most of the low mileage failures result from a dropped valve. Why that is happening, I have zero clue. But I'd bet $1 that's what happened to you and why you observed what you did. Interestingly enough GM is having the same issue with the C8 Corvette and the new LT2 engine.

Hopefully they get it fixed quick for you and get you back to having fun. I wouldn't worry about the loss of value at this point, they made a bunch of these cars and it's not that rare of an issue despite what people on here will say. Plenty of other "devalued" examples out there. If a motor makes it past 10,000 miles it will likely run for the rest of the lifetime of the vehicle. Manufacturing or assembly defects have a habit of showing up REAL quick.
Yeah valve drop is what I was guessing too. I am not sure how many of these cars are having these issues, but an engine going out in 2000 miles is not acceptable, especially on a $65k car.
Speaking of GM - whoa! I didn’t know this was happening to the C8! The last I read about this was in the C7 Z06! If GM is going through the same, it really really sucks. I hope that no other 350 owner goes through what I am right now.
About resale - the reason why I asked is because I was going to sell the car in the next few months. As much as I love the car, unforeseen COVID and financial circumstances are forcing me to sell it. And then this happens.

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Yeah valve drop is what I was guessing too. I am not sure how many of these cars are having these issues, but an engine going out in 2000 miles is not acceptable, especially on a $65k car.
Speaking of GM - whoa! I didn’t know this was happening to the C8! The last I read about this was in the C7 Z06! If GM is going through the same, it really really sucks. I hope that no other 350 owner goes through what I am right now.
About resale - the reason why I asked is because I was going to sell the car in the next few months. As much as I love the car, unforeseen COVID and financial circumstances are forcing me to sell it. And then this happens.
I may be getting ahead of myself, but if the engine is toast (which it likely is,) and you’re looking to dump the car anyhow, you may want to research a buyback (which quite a few members have gone through.) A quick search on the forum should turn up several results.

Something to think about....

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Seems like there are a lot more 2020 failures on here then 2019 or is that just my imagination?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's definitely not acceptable, and it's embarrassing having your brand new car on a tow truck, and it's frustrating dealing with the hassle. But, it is what it is unfortunately. It may simply be a bad batch of parts. Ford assembles the engine by hand, but its up to the suppliers to provide the parts. I don't think this type of catastrophic failure was particularly common before the 2020MY, but of course my observational abilities are limited to anecdotal evidence, mostly on here. So I can't say with confidence.

Sorry to hear about the unforeseen situation, I hope you can sell it quickly and things work out for you in the end. Given the state of the used car market, you'll likely make out just fine, for what that's worth. Performance cars are still hot ticket items that are selling quickly and for more money than usual, and summer is just around the corner.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Seems like there are a lot more 2020 failures on here then 2019 or is that just my imagination?
No - you are correct. That is what I have observed too. The first post of this kind was for a ‘20 MY too.

OP
OP
PRTK350

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
I may be getting ahead of myself, but if the engine is toast (which it likely is,) and you’re looking to dump the car anyhow, you may want to research a buyback (which quite a few members have gone through.) A quick search on the forum should turn up several results.

Something to think about....
Saying I want to ‘dump’ the car makes me feel bad haha! :) I still love the car to bits. Best driving experience I ever had.
However - isn’t buyback a legal process? Are you talking about lemon law? Would I need a lawyer? Additionally, this car was purchased in a different state. Not sure if that will complicate matters. Forgive me, I am not too familiar with the legal system.
Sponsored