2019 GT Premium - Improving Steering Response

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I am looking to improve on center steering response and give my car a bit more of a "darty" feeling. I am missing the steering feeling my '16 GT350 and '18 Guilia Quadrifoglio both had.

From a front suspension standpoint, this is what I have done so far:
- Steeda two point g-trac brace
- Strut tower brace
- Cowl brace
- Steeda tension links
- Steeda adjustable sway bar (middle setting)
- Lowered on Steeda progressive springs
- SVE SP2 19x10 wheels with 275 wide tires

Thanks In Advance,

Scott
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Did you add the cowl extension panel as well?
FR3Z-63016A52-A

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Hello,

I am looking to improve on center steering response and give my car a bit more of a "darty" feeling. I am missing the steering feeling my '16 GT350 and '18 Guilia Quadrifoglio both had.

From a front suspension standpoint, this is what I have done so far:
- Steeda two point g-trac brace
- Strut tower brace
- Cowl brace
- Steeda tension links
- Steeda adjustable sway bar (middle setting)
- Lowered on Steeda progressive springs
- SVE SP2 19x10 wheels with 275 wide tires

Thanks In Advance,

Scott
What’s your front toe?

OP
OP
scoots

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
May be worth a shot. I added that along with the cowl support and strut tower brace and it felt much tighter.
Over time I have done a complete addition of PP1 bracing on the front of my '19. Maybe because I did it last but the most noticeable improvement I felt was from the cowl extension panel as well...

OP
OP
scoots

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What’s your front toe?
Great question. I just looked and could not find the paperwork from when I had the alignment done after lowering the car.

OP
OP
scoots

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Over time I have done a complete addition of PP1 bracing on the front of my '19. Maybe because I did it last but the most noticeable improvement I felt was from the cowl extension panel as well...
I'll add that to my list. Thanks. The other thing I saw mentioned was installing a roll center/bump steer kit.

From what I have read, swapping to at GT350 steering rack would be pretty intensive due to EPAS, different control modules, etc.

Scott

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'll add that to my list. Thanks. The other thing I saw mentioned was installing a roll center/bump steer kit.

From what I have read, swapping to at GT350 steering rack would be pretty intensive due to EPAS, different control modules, etc.

Scott
I’m trying to understand what your complaints are right now.. is the car too slow to react to steering input?
Are we talking city driving, canyons runs, track ?
Do the steering feel vague ?

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping

Scott
I added all of these items that are stock on the PP1. I am not sure about your need for the lower brace having the Steeda but that does mount aft of Steeda, plus it makes changing the oil easier with the access door for the filter.
0381A486-F624-4C24-9C02-FCC354DB84BD.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
scoots

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m trying to understand what your complaints are right now.. is the car too slow to react to steering input?
Are we talking city driving, canyons runs, track ?
Do the steering feel vague ?
It’s the worst in slower city driving, but still there on spirited drives in the country. I would say I am looking for quicker response when coming off of center. It feels like there is a dead zone when right on center and it takes too much steering wheel input to see a change in direction.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It’s the worst in slower city driving, but still there on spirited drives in the country. I would say I am looking for quicker response when coming off of center. It feels like there is a dead zone when right on center and it takes too much steering wheel input to see a change in direction.
Ok
Toe out will promote quicker steering, especially turn in
Also tire and tire pressure make a huge difference
Everything that you have been doing , while good for handling, is not directly related to what you complain about
I believe that your “issue” is more related to alignment and tires than to suspension
What tires are you running?

OP
OP
scoots

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok
Toe out will promote quicker steering, especially turn in
Also tire and tire pressure make a huge difference
Everything that you have been doing , while good for handling, is not directly related to what you complain about
I believe that your “issue” is more related to alignment and tires than to suspension
What tires are you running?
Continental Extreme Contact. 275 40 19 at 34 psi.

OP
OP
scoots

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your list has the 2-point Gtrac brace, and since that doesn't triangulate it's probably not doing much. Either go with the full 4-point brace from Steeda or the BMR CB006. The Steeda is easier to install, but you will lose about 3/4 of an inch ground clearance.

I did the Steeda 4-point and it made a huge difference. Everything after that was diminishing returns (strut tower, then inner cowl), but that *may* be because the Steeda brace was first. I will swap mine for the BMR when I do control arms and springs in a couple months, but only because I want to maintain the ground clearance.
Sponsored