2019 GT MT82 check engine light flashing

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey all, was just cruising on the highway about 60 mph when I noticed my check engine light started flashing for about 15-20 seconds and then went off and hasn’t come back on since.

I’m going to take it to the dealer first thing in the morning to have them look it over.
Anyone else have the check engine light flash on their car? If so what was the issue?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
You probably got a batch of bad gas. Flashing CEL is what happens when the car starts misfiring. I've been having this problem lately, as well. I'm on e85. It was so bad that the CEL stayed on after a few flashes and I had to reset the ECU to clear it. The code was "random cylinder misfires".

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok good to know brother. Thought it was odd as I’ve never seen it flash before. The fact that it hasn’t came back on is kinda weird but we’ll see what the PCM logged when the dealer scans it.

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I’m taking the car to the dealer this morning to have them check it out. Got thinking more about a possible bad batch of gas and don’t really think that would be it. I run 91 or 94 octane every tank depending on availability of 94 as I travel. Car has never run on less than 91.

I’ll let you all know what they find out! Thanks

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Dealer just told me my PCM logged codes for misfires in cylinders 2 and 5. Said they are going to check plugs and coils and go from there. Will report back when I hear anything else.

Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Right on! Let me know if they replace anything. I might need new coils. It's always random for me, so really think it's fuel related.

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They just replaced spark plugs in cylinders 2 and 5 and told me to monitor if CEL comes back on. Hasn’t come on since so who knows what caused it....they clearly don’t ;)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Those ruined plugs could very easily have been caused by a tank of bad gas. It is possible that a gas station has bad gas in their tanks, regardless of the octane rating....things happen.
Sponsored