2019 GT Exhaust Question

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP2 M6
Does anyone have a product number for a pair of flowmaster super 10s for the 2019 model GT? I would like to find a pair with single inlet/dual outlet in order to keep the stock tips, or is that not an option when replacing the stock mufflers? I've had the entire exhaust from the headers switched to a catless longtube system with an X pipe, but originally had the performance valve system and liked the way it sounds after all of the work I've done. My only complained is that it seems like the valve may be fluttering under acceleration, which sounds horrible when it happens. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I would suggest leaving them alone and makr sure the valves are tightened down.

Chambered mufflers sound like crap on coyotes.

I added 9" bullet race mufflers(basically resonators) before my xpipe and the exhaust sounds great and I don't notice a rattle at all. I did hear a rattling a couple of times with headers and no race mufflers.

They also cleaned up the quiet mode sound too.

OP
OP
WG2

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest leaving them alone and makr sure the valves are tightened down.

Chambered mufflers sound like crap on coyotes.

I added 9" bullet race mufflers(basically resonators) before my xpipe and the exhaust sounds great and I don't notice a rattle at all. I did hear a rattling a couple of times with headers and no race mufflers.

They also cleaned up the quiet mode sound too.

All the joints have been tightened since having the LTHs installed, but I was encountering this issue even before having headers installed. I encountered the issue when I had the factory resonators deleted, initially thinking that perhaps part of the system had been necked down or restricted, causing the popping sound. It is prevalent in the lower RPMs until around 3.5k then smooths out, but returns around 5.5k-6k. But after recently having everything tightened down nearly 2 weeks ago, I'm still encountering this issue. How would you go about tightening the valve? From what I can tell, it is fabricated into the exhaust tip and would have to be cut out in order to adjust or inspect it. To me, I think the simplest solution would be to go ahead and swap out mufflers and eliminate the valves altogether, especially to avoid any future issues with the valves. In retrospec, opting for the active valve performance exhaust was a regretful decision on my part. I do like the sound when everything flows smoothly, but didn't factor in the potential issues of the valves fluttering or what have you. To each their own, they do sound good but I think my best bet is to just replace the mufflers and eliminate the valves. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it!

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The motors bolt to the tip, they can easily be removed and inspected. You could also use a long screw driver to make sure there's no slack in the valves by putting it in the tip and trying to move the valve.

OP
OP
WG2

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
The motors bolt to the tip, they can easily be removed and inspected. You could also use a long screw driver to make sure there's no slack in the valves by putting it in the tip and trying to move the valve.

Thanks for the tip, I will check tonight and see if everything is proper.
Sponsored