Sponsored

Choosing aftermarket exhaust 2019 GT

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi y’all- Bought 2019 GT in March/ stock exhaust, so I want to amp her up but having a tough time deciding on what will work. Last time I owned a GT, the choices were narrower...H-Pipe w Flomasters, Idk where to start now.. I’m not trying to race her, so not as much looking for loud n raspy as I am for deep n hollow,, yet smooth at same time. Any tips or guidance is much appreciated- Thx
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's tough to make the Coyote sound like that at all. Probably the closest to it is the ARH catback, and maybe the Borla Touring. Both are fairly mild. If you keep the factory resonator and just do an axleback, you will have more choices close to what you are looking for.

OP
OP
Stallion 007

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thx
It's tough to make the Coyote sound like that at all. Probably the closest to it is the ARH catback, and maybe the Borla Touring. Both are fairly mild. If you keep the factory resonator and just do an axleback, you will have more choices close to what you are looking for.
Your right.. from what I see so far, these babies are made to rumble. I’m usually not so weak! Thx for the tip, checking it out.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thx

Your right.. from what I see so far, these babies are made to rumble. I’m usually not so weak! Thx for the tip, checking it out.
Yeah, the Coyote is a very racy sound, being a 32V, Ti-VCT, high-revving engine. That and the firing order make it quite different from Ford V8s of old, including the other modulars from which it is based. My advice has always been to embrace the Coyote for what it is, as many attempts to modify/change its tone end up with a really flat sound or drone. Not all, though.

Check out Billy Johnson's recent review of the 2018+ Borla S type:
https://motoiq.com/testing-borlas-s-type-cat-back-exhaust-for-the-2018-mustang-gt/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...on-2018-gt-massive-gains.123363/#post-2567139

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'd recommend the Krona catback. I really like that one and I'm considering it for the lower tone at lower RPM's but it screams like a Corsa at higher rpms. It's kind of a mix.

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi y’all- Bought 2019 GT in March/ stock exhaust, so I want to amp her up but having a tough time deciding on what will work. Last time I owned a GT, the choices were narrower...H-Pipe w Flomasters, Idk where to start now.. I’m not trying to race her, so not as much looking for loud n raspy as I am for deep n hollow,, yet smooth at same time. Any tips or guidance is much appreciated- Thx
H-Pipe with the Flowmaster American Thunder Axleback. Done.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend the Krona catback. I really like that one and I'm considering it for the lower tone at lower RPM's but it screams like a Corsa at higher rpms. It's kind of a mix.
Let me know if you end up trying it...

OP
OP
Stallion 007

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, the Coyote is a very racy sound, being a 32V, Ti-VCT, high-revving engine. That and the firing order make it quite different from Ford V8s of old, including the other modulars from which it is based. My advice has always been to embrace the Coyote for what it is, as many attempts to modify/change its tone end up with a really flat sound or drone. Not all, though.

https://motoiq.com/testing-borlas-s-type-cat-back-exhaust-for-the-2018-mustang-gt/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...on-2018-gt-massive-gains.123363/#post-2567139
Really impressed with the Borla s-type catback- gives me butterflies I really appreciate your advice. I was checking Borla out before this post and was intrigued. It was the Borla Extreme... possibly. She was vicious, not too loud but gets that rumble real fast. I liked it.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Flowmaster d shaped H pipe start with...?
Personally I love the stock exhaust

OP
OP
Stallion 007

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I’m really lovin’ the Borla s-type catback!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: A7X
OP
OP
Stallion 007

Stallion 007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just noticed you are in Houston. I'm down in the Clear Lake area. If you want to meet up sometime and hear what they sound like in person, shoot me a pm.
Oh for sure!! That sounds great! I’m dying to hear the real deal! I’m downtown in Memorial- I’m off all next week so hit me up and we can decide a place to meet up at. Thx for taking the time
Sponsored