2019 active exhaust valve question

dejuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dejuan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
has anyone cut the valve off the OEM active exhaust and used a different muffler or tip combo with it? like taking a non-active aftermarket muffler and placing the OEM valve on it.
just wondering because I want to do this but, not sure how the back-pressure might affect the engine if placed wrong. I have an xpipe as well but its just not loud enough but i love the choice of being able to quite start my car.
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have the active. Not loud enough? In track mode people can hear me coming. Are you just wanting really loud? My friend , no active, did rez delete and an axlback. Its honestly a bit too loud. But to your question. Im not sure on back pressure but i would think as long as placed in same place would be fine. People do crazy stuff to exhausts that im sure effects things more then what you are wanting to do. Ive considered adding cut outs to mine for the days I want look at me loud lol. I figure between cut outs and active ill have every sound range.

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My 2018 didn’t have active exhaust. First setup was x pipe and Roush axle backs...arguably one of the loudest setups possible. Then for some reason I didn’t think it was loud enough and swapped the Roush axle backs for MBRP muffler deletes. It was TOO loud(and droned like no other). My current 19’ has the active exhaust, and I leave around 6 for work. Having the quiet start option is really nice. I’d choose carefully exactly how loud you want your car. If money isn’t a factor, maybe consider the Corsa active system. I’ve heard it retains the quiet mode more than others

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Wait.....you have the active exhaust with an x-pipe and it's not loud enough? Or am I reading you wrong? Have you actually driven through a tunnel or even an overpass in track mode over 4k rpms? Yeesh man. I have an H-pipe with the active and a track-mode downshift even next to a van (let alone a tunnel, overpass, wall, building etc.) is downright obnoxious.

And back pressure shouldn't be an issue since what active exhaust is really doing is just directing the flow of air through the muffler, not actually inhibiting or choking it. I mean maybe if you tried measuring it with a precise instrument it might, but even then it's likely negligible. All it's really doing is forcing the exhaust through the outside of the muffler in the quieter modes and allowing it to run straight out in the louder modes. If you tried something ludicrous like putting the valve, say, just after your x-pipe, then yeah, it'll likely choke the engine.

We should also clarify what car you have. If you have the 15 listed in your profile, I'm not sure how an active would work with the single-tip? Like even the Roush active-exhaust for earlier-than-18 models sells the dual-tipped mufflers. Not really sure what you're looking for here?

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Wait.....you have the active exhaust with an x-pipe and it's not loud enough? Or am I reading you wrong? Have you actually driven through a tunnel or even an overpass in track mode over 4k rpms? Yeesh man. I have an H-pipe with the active and a track-mode downshift even next to a van (let alone a tunnel, overpass, wall, building etc.) is downright obnoxious.QUOTE]

I have a H-Pipe with the stock active exhaust and its plenty loud, and I havnt even tried any other settings yet, just normal mode is feaking loud and when you accelerate to

Sponsored

OP
OP
dejuan

dejuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dejuan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Wait.....you have the active exhaust with an x-pipe and it's not loud enough? Or am I reading you wrong? Have you actually driven through a tunnel or even an overpass in track mode over 4k rpms? Yeesh man. I have an H-pipe with the active and a track-mode downshift even next to a van (let alone a tunnel, overpass, wall, building etc.) is downright obnoxious.

And back pressure shouldn't be an issue since what active exhaust is really doing is just directing the flow of air through the muffler, not actually inhibiting or choking it. I mean maybe if you tried measuring it with a precise instrument it might, but even then it's likely negligible. All it's really doing is forcing the exhaust through the outside of the muffler in the quieter modes and allowing it to run straight out in the louder modes. If you tried something ludicrous like putting the valve, say, just after your x-pipe, then yeah, it'll likely choke the engine.

We should also clarify what car you have. If you have the 15 listed in your profile, I'm not sure how an active would work with the single-tip? Like even the Roush active-exhaust for earlier-than-18 models sells the dual-tipped mufflers. Not really sure what you're looking for here?
sorry i have a 19 GT and its loud but i think what i want is a little louder and a different exhaust note. i was thinking about buying the MBRP delete and putting the valve on it at the same place... but then im also thinking that might be TOO loud since there is nothing to even silence out of the redirected one pipe. so now im thinking flowmaster outlaw w/o active and using the valve on that. but now im thinking it might cost about 200+ to get the cutting and welding done... id be around 900 anyway i might as well buy the outlaw w/ active exhuast...

thoughts anyone?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have the active exhaust and wanted it a little louder so I cut out the resonator and used my Corsa double “X” pipe I had from my 15 GT and it’s the right amount of loudness. Quiet mode is slightly louder on cold start ups.

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Just buy a active exhaust axle back. Almost ever brand has them out there. My Magnaflow with LTH X pipe and the MF axle back is stupid loud. I love how deep it is, hate the drone. And how MF set up their muffler it really doesn’t have a “quiet mode” it has a single in then “Y” in the muffler and both are straight through. So even when the valve is closed the other tip is straight through defeating the purpose. It’s about to go up for sale for a corsa... problem is I love the deep tone it gives too much to go through with it lolol

Chames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium convertible
Hello,
I recently bought your MPVI2 tuner and licensed the ECM of my 2019 Mustang (4 credits) to activate my active exhaust retrofit (used oem parts). Although I see the active exhaust menu on my dash (using firscan as described in forums), and enabled idle switch, load switch and manual control using Hptuners, it is still not active. Is there anything else should I modify? Is is the right programming procedure?I have read on forums that people managed to activate it using HpTuners (Palm Beach Dyno did it for instance)Thanks for your help.
Sponsored