Sponsored

2019 Bullitt. Normal wear on front tires?

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi guys,

Normal wear? Too much camber? Something else? I'm not that versed on alignment specs so any thoughts would be nice.

2019 Bullitt with about 18,000 miles on Ford springs (M-5300-W). I asked for the BMR alignment spec when I put the springs on the car - at about 1,000 miles. I can't find the alignment read out from the shop to show what I actually ended up with (I know!) but I recall the printout was within spec. It handled great so maybe this is normal wear for 19K of use, but seems like a lot of meat left other than the insides. Obviously need new tires. Should I go for the BMR spec again? Wear seems pretty even so do i even need another alignment? Car is mostly a weekend back road driver at this point but a few long trips are in the future. Suggestions?
1686422045180.jpeg

20230610_104049.jpg
20230610_104112.jpg
Sponsored

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
mine had that, found quite a bit of toe out. Hard to say but doesn't look like camber is way off.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I m no expert but that doesn t look like a camber issue. (way too much on the inside edge ) Toe more likely .
any way to have what it s set at now before you re align? That s what I d do so I know where the issue is. Have it checked and then decide.

65CrownV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT/PP1
I've got a set of those in the back of my truck right now. Put a set of Pirelli P-Zero Nero's on for the time being. I took the car to get the alignment checked and it's on the money.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Agree w/the other posters that it's likely toe. Aim for zero toe up front and -1.5 camber.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its common and a weakness of the michellin.. iā€™ve had 3 or 4 sets and they all did this. Never ever seen any reports of this wear on any other brand tire so thats why I say its mostly a michellin thing. They often die with this wear pattern before they hit the wear bars. Usually effects the fronts more than the rear.

check your toe settings, camber is fine, but toe can accelerate this if its off. If you want to reduce it go for slight toe in on the front. 18k miles isnā€™t bad for a performance summer tire, but ya its a shame when the rest of the tire has so much tread. In general its not a bad idea to check alignment settings once a year to stay on top of this type of thing, but with the michellins this would be the result eventually.

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Nothing to add other than I see youā€™re in Paso, Iā€™m down in Templetonā€¦ Maybe Iā€™ll see you on the back roads somedayā€¦ ā€˜23 grabber blue GT

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
Same issue here on my 15 GT PP. Tires are Firestone Indy 500. Not worn into the chords like OP, but heavier wear on the inside edges while the rest of the tires are great. Found out the toe was not set correctly. Had an alignment done to correct the front toe and now the car is very unstable at freeway speeds, especially if there are any ruts in the road.

OP
OP
SLOBullitt

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nothing to add other than I see youā€™re in Paso, Iā€™m down in Templetonā€¦ Maybe Iā€™ll see you on the back roads somedayā€¦ ā€˜23 grabber blue GT
I'll keep my eye out for you at one of the cruise nights (TAPS - first Friday of the month Templeton, second Friday Atascadero, Paso, then Santa Margarita). We do have some nice back roads to play on! I got an appointment on friday for new tires and an alignment. I'll try to post the alignment findings for those interested, but it sounds like it might just be a Michelin ps4 issue. Just glad I saw them while I had the car up on jacks to do a coolant and oil change. Could've been bad news.

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Never heard of the cruise nightā€¦ Iā€™ll definitely check it out.

Where are you getting the alignment doneā€¦ I want to get my car checked as I just put new wheels/tires on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SLOBullitt

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Never heard of the cruise nightā€¦ Iā€™ll definitely check it out.

Where are you getting the alignment doneā€¦ I want to get my car checked as I just put new wheels/tires on it.
American Tire Depot on Ramada X 46. They did my Mazda 6 and it came out ok. The tech is old school and salty but knows his stuff.

Yeah, Templeton cruise is on Main st from 5:30-9pm first Friday of the month. Lot's of nice cars will do some loops and park to chat. A clean GT-40, 66' stang with a blower, etc. show up from time to time. Good times and the Sheriff's and/or CHP who monitor - when they are there - will allow burn outs that aren't too crazy. Though not too many Stang owners participate since we have known pedestrian magnets. :)

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Thanks for the infoā€¦ Iā€™ll give him a try. I had a really good guy at Big Brands in Atascadero, but he left a few years back.

lā€™m going to check the cruse out ā€¦ lā€™ve lived here for close to 25 years and never heard of it ā€¦ I need to get out more, lol!

OP
OP
SLOBullitt

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
New tires and alignment. Tech said a little more neg toe would help with wear for my case. Thoughts?

20230616_220835(2).jpg

OP
OP
SLOBullitt

SLOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Correction - toe-in (+) not neg toe (toe out). My brain struggles sometimes. Can I still blame covid? :)
Sponsored