2019 Bullitt front sway bar delete sheds 17lbs 3oz of weight

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I had been running with one sway bar end link removed from my 2019 Bullitt for quite a while. Last week I decided to remove the entire sway bar and all supporting hardware. This shed 17lbs 3oz from the front of the car.

I’m thinking of shaving more off the nose with a lightweight bumper support and maybe even adding a rear one as well and filling it with lead shot to add more ballast back there.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know you like Steeda (and I have the Steeda front bumper bar), but I suspect the BMR one is a touch lighter due to its design ?

If you go with the lead option for the rear bar, melt it down with a torch so you don’t give up the air space between the shot - I should imagine the difference would be considerable ?

I think it was @CORNYOTE that had some form of removable back end ballast for strip use ?

WD :like:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I know you like Steeda (and I have the Steeda front bumper bar), but I suspect the BMR one is a touch lighter due to its design ?

If you go with the lead option for the rear bar, melt it down with a torch so you don’t give up the air space between the shot - I should imagine the difference would be considerable ?

I think it was @CORNYOTE that had some form of removable back end ballast for strip use ?

I have 50lb bags of steel shot that fit perfectly in the tire well, then a 4x50 plate system that slides in the trailer hitch receiver for more.

IMG_6531.jpeg

IMG_5019.jpeg

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Copy that WD. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have 50lb bags of steel shot that fit perfectly in the tire well, then a 4x50 plate system that slides in the trailer hitch receiver for more.

IMG_6531.jpeg

IMG_5019.jpeg
That definitely looks like it helps with weight transfer. Did you notice a considerable improvement in your 60’ after adding the ballast?

Sponsored

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Every bit helps on the street. However unless you’re constantly doing street digs, it’ll slow you down on the top end. (Every 100lbs is a tenth of a second). I would shy away from adding permanent weight for that reason. Add some weight in the trunk and see how it effects the way your car is setup first.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Every bit helps on the street. However unless you’re constantly doing street digs, it’ll slow you down on the top end. (Every 100lbs is a tenth of a second). I would shy away from adding permanent weight for that reason. Add some weight in the trunk and see how it effects the way your car is setup first.
That’s great advice. Thank you!

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Do you run really stiff springs or something? Thing must pitch like a boat without those fat sway bars up front.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I haven’t driven the car with the new rear BMR drag springs yet. I‘m not even sure what the spring rate is on them. Here’s a video of a lazy launch with just one of the front sway bar end links removed. You can see the front lift a bit. I imagine it’ll lift even higher, now that the bar has been removed from the car.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Do you run really stiff springs or something? Thing must pitch like a boat without those fat sway bars up front.
I’ve daily driven mine for about 3 years now without front or rear sway bars and it’s not bad at all unless you’re really pushing through turns hard. It really comes down the the type of driving you do. I live in northern Oklahoma where there are very few turns and everything is laid out on a mile square grid. I do more stoplight to stoplight than anything or straight line roads.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I haven’t driven the car with the new rear BMR drag springs yet. I‘m not even sure what the spring rate is on them. Here’s a video of a lazy launch with just one of the front sway bar end links removed. You can see the front lift a bit. I imagine it’ll lift even higher, now that the bar has been removed from the car.

Toss a heim front end and some long travel coilovers on if you want to see some wild separation lol

IMG_9703.jpeg
Sponsored