2019 base Mustang gt questions

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have some questions. I'm going to to get a mustang gt base trim in July. So how much has everyone paid for there 2019 gt (out the door price). I'm hoping to get a base gt automatic for 32000 or less out the door new. Also, I am very worried about the plasma liner issue. I'm hoping by summer when I buy that the issue will have a solution. Maybe everyone can reassure me that it's a good choice. I'm not a big American car fan but I do love the mustang.
Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have some questions. I'm going to to get a mustang gt base trim in July. So how much has everyone paid for there 2019 gt (out the door price). I'm hoping to get a base gt automatic for 32000 or less out the door new. Also, I am very worried about the plasma liner issue. I'm hoping by summer when I buy that the issue will have a solution. Maybe everyone can reassure me that it's a good choice. I'm not a big American car fan but I do love the mustang.
I got my first 2018 for 29500 before TTL.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I don't believe you will get one with an A10 for less than $32K out the door unless your state sales tax is zero.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
My car was 33k for a stock 2018 MT out the door in CA. I think I could have shaved more off the price if I had financed with them; your price sounds like a good deal. I'm not terribly worried about the tick/rattle. The car has been everything I hoped, fast, fun and well behaved as a daily driver.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Join the Mustang Club of America and you can then get a special Ford X-Plan pricing program. I did this for my 2018 GT. The price was basically factory invoice plus $100 . On top of this Ford had a $2000 factory rebate which I also received. The dealer loved it, I loved it, and all was great with big savings. And the MCA X-Plan can be used on any Ford or Lincoln vehicle. I also special ordered my Mustang from the factory just the way I wanted it. This took about 10 weeks from beginning to end.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I ordered a GT Premium in August, in North Jersey. The "X Plan" discount from MCA was worth around $2200, but the salesman said most dealers would match that. The other thing about X Plan was a limit of $100 for doc fees; Ford pays the dealer direct, and the dealers like it.
Then, I had a $1500 incentive which was good till October. But the kicker was that I got, in the mail, a "certificate" from Ford,( this was back in August or September) offering $1500 off any 2018 that was "on the lot", or already built. I told the salesman and he said to call Ford Cust service and tell them I really wanted an 18 but the dealer had none I liked. Ford already knew who I was, and they saw I've bought several vehicles over the years. They switched me over to marketing, and the lady said they would honor the add'l $1500 on the new vehicle. It took some fancy paperwork, but my salesman would not give up. So the price of the car I ordered was;
- base Gt Premium with automatic $40,950/ add safe and smart pkg $1000/add spare wheel $405/add active exhaust ( a must!!) $895/ floor liners $120/upgraded stereo 12 speakers Cd player $895/ 3;55 rear ? forgot how much. Bottom line- the car listed around $45000 incl $995 destination fee.. But with $1500 incentive, $1500 "certificate", and X plan of around $2200, the car came in just at $40,000. Add tax (to the DISCOUNTED PRICE) don't let them bullshit you!! and I finished out around $44,000 or so. And I got exactly what I wanted. Took about 10 weeks. I would advise to check on incentives/ call Ford marketing and ask for an add'l discount, especially if you've bough Fords before. They will have you in their files. Join MCA. Use your computer to shop the Ford site- they are tracking you and when another incentive or certificate plan starts you'll be on their list. Ask for brochures from marketing- another way to get on their "potential buyer" list. And don't buy one without active exhaust. Seriously. And don't underestimate calling marketing or customer service and begging for a discount. You may be surprised.

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
I don't believe you will get one with an A10 for less than $32K out the door unless your state sales tax is zero.
You might be right! I'm in ohio so my tax is 6.75%. I'm hoping I can get a good deal. I can go higher but 32000 is what I want. We shall see though!

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
You'll have to find a very heavily discounted base auto to get it OTD for $32K especially a '19. I almost bought a base '18 GT auto and got it down to $31K but that was before tax. But it's still for sale so I'm guessing they'd let it go for $29-30K. I ended up getting my '19 GT base manual for under $32K OTD ($28,777 before tax/lic). I'm glad I got the manual too.

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
My car was 33k for a stock 2018 MT out the door in CA. I think I could have shaved more off the price if I had financed with them; your price sounds like a good deal. I'm not terribly worried about the tick/rattle. The car has been everything I hoped, fast, fun and well behaved as a daily driver.
That seems like a good deal! How much more do you think you could've got off? Does you car have the tick? I'm not super worried. However, I'm paranoid but I'll take the risk and if it falls on my face then I will take the loss and buy from somewhere else. But I hope that never happens!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Join the Mustang Club of America and you can then get a special Ford X-Plan pricing program. I did this for my 2018 GT. The price was basically factory invoice plus $100 . On top of this Ford had a $2000 factory rebate which I also received. The dealer loved it, I loved it, and all was great with big savings. And the MCA X-Plan can be used on any Ford or Lincoln vehicle. I also special ordered my Mustang from the factory just the way I wanted it. This took about 10 weeks from beginning to end.
I've heard about the x plan. Looked into it. I need to look into it more seems very beneficial!

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
I ordered a GT Premium in August, in North Jersey. The "X Plan" discount from MCA was worth around $2200, but the salesman said most dealers would match that. The other thing about X Plan was a limit of $100 for doc fees; Ford pays the dealer direct, and the dealers like it.
Then, I had a $1500 incentive which was good till October. But the kicker was that I got, in the mail, a "certificate" from Ford,( this was back in August or September) offering $1500 off any 2018 that was "on the lot", or already built. I told the salesman and he said to call Ford Cust service and tell them I really wanted an 18 but the dealer had none I liked. Ford already knew who I was, and they saw I've bought several vehicles over the years. They switched me over to marketing, and the lady said they would honor the add'l $1500 on the new vehicle. It took some fancy paperwork, but my salesman would not give up. So the price of the car I ordered was;
- base Gt Premium with automatic $40,950/ add safe and smart pkg $1000/add spare wheel $405/add active exhaust ( a must!!) $895/ floor liners $120/upgraded stereo 12 speakers Cd player $895/ 3;55 rear ? forgot how much. Bottom line- the car listed around $45000 incl $995 destination fee.. But with $1500 incentive, $1500 "certificate", and X plan of around $2200, the car came in just at $40,000. Add tax (to the DISCOUNTED PRICE) don't let them bullshit you!! and I finished out around $44,000 or so. And I got exactly what I wanted. Took about 10 weeks. I would advise to check on incentives/ call Ford marketing and ask for an add'l discount, especially if you've bough Fords before. They will have you in their files. Join MCA. Use your computer to shop the Ford site- they are tracking you and when another incentive or certificate plan starts you'll be on their list. Ask for brochures from marketing- another way to get on their "potential buyer" list. And don't buy one without active exhaust. Seriously. And don't underestimate calling marketing or customer service and begging for a discount. You may be surprised.
Thank you for the information! I'll take this and apply it to my buying process.

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
You'll have to find a very heavily discounted base auto to get it OTD for $32K especially a '19. I almost bought a base '18 GT auto and got it down to $31K but that was before tax. But it's still for sale so I'm guessing they'd let it go for $29-30K. I ended up getting my '19 GT base manual for under $32K OTD ($28,777 before tax/lic). I'm glad I got the manual too.
I'm not buying until July so I'm hoping I can get them to go lower. 32000 is what i want but i could go a bit higher no biggie! I'd love to get a manual. However, I dont know how to drive a manual yet. My friend is rebuilding a manual nissan maxima and he also doesn't know how to drive manual so we said will learn together. I'm excited!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Need to compare the cost before tax and license fees because they can differ greatly between states.

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Need to compare the cost before tax and license fees because they can differ greatly between states.
Great point to bring up! I like to include all fees in my final price.
Sponsored