Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
just got a revised tune installed on the 18 roush a10 , apparently for the auto’s only.
Got rid of the harsh 1st gear downshift , dont know if any other changes were made. Hoping it keeps the motor off the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift , ill find out one day when its not raining on a weekend for once.
Sponsored

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Let us know how it is I've been waiting for a updated ROUSH tune for a while

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I just had the Roush Stage 1 installed in my car by the dealer. How did you find out the tune was available? I'm assuming I can just go by the dealer and have them update it?

I've read about this harsh downshift into 1st but never experienced it. Is this in all drive modes? Does it matter if the shifter is in D or S? I have a 300A so no Drag mode etc...

Can you give additional details about the rev limiter issue between 1-2 shifts? I have been in Sport mode (paddle shifting) and didn't shift in time between 1 and 2 and it bounced off. I thought it would automatically upshift between 1 and 2 but it didn't. Doesn't sound like the issue you are describing though.

OP
OP
Greyhorse

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the Roush Stage 1 installed in my car by the dealer. How did you find out the tune was available? I'm assuming I can just go by the dealer and have them update it?

I've read about this harsh downshift into 1st but never experienced it. Is this in all drive modes? Does it matter if the shifter is in D or S? I have a 300A so no Drag mode etc...

Can you give additional details about the rev limiter issue between 1-2 shifts? I have been in Sport mode (paddle shifting) and didn't shift in time between 1 and 2 and it bounced off. I thought it would automatically upshift between 1 and 2 but it didn't. Doesn't sound like the issue you are describing though.
It was a harsh downshift right before coming to a stop in any mode other than normal or wet/snow modes. Someone posted on the forum a 10.80 pass and mentioned to make sure you had the updated tune and mine was one of the first builds so i figured mine was needing the revised tune. Dealer checked with roush i provided my vin and they installed it free. I ran it at the track 60’ was a 1.71 on a hot muggy day but after the 1-2 shift it didnt feel like it pulled real hard for a second and then started pulling again this was before this tune so idk i now have an ngauge data logger so next time i run i will hopefully see if there is any torque reduction going on. By the way i did the same thing in s mode as it downshifted on its on so i thought it would also shift punched it and it cut back the throttle at redline thought i blew it up!!!

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Scheduled an appointment with my dealer to get the latest tune installed. Will update this tomorrow.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Guess I need to call and find out. My kit was installed middle of January.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
I had mine reflashed a couple of weeks ago. No more lurching coming to a stop in sport+ mode. Butt dyno says there's more powah. I also found out that the 18+ Roush superchargers are now CARB compliant !!!

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Finally got the tune installed and from some initial impressions it’s a big improvement. The 2-1 downshift in Sport/Sport+ is a lot smoother, doesn’t have that sudden jolt like the initial tune. Downshift rev match still isn’t as aggressive as the stock tune but I see a slight improvement over the first revision, again in Sport/Sport+. Overall upshifts are more firm, maybe even a little faster. Can’t really tell if there more power, feels really like this was a transmission related tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Greyhorse

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
idk if its in my mind or not but it feels like its faster while in sport+ mode now than before, i havent had a chance to hit the track but i dont think that is a real indication of driveability power as the shifts will be in the upper rpm range after 1st gear keeping it there where as on on the street im prob going 5k rpm mostly as high as i go only giving part throttle and thats where i feel it pulls harder could be the transmission changes idk but i like it!
Sponsored