2018 R Strut Mounts/Camber Plates

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Question about my new-to-me 2018 GT350R. The previous owner put on front Ground Control camber plates. Whatever he took off got lost in the shuffle. If (big IF) I want to put the car back to stock, what do I need? I've read about the dealer-installed kits for the 2019+, but don't see anything about 2018 and earlier. The window sticker makes no mention of them. Are the mounts with the 'notches' (shown here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/img_4335-1-jpg.430800/) the OEM setup for 2018 R?

GC_Plate.jpg

Notch_Plate.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My 20 350 has the handling package. I chose not use the oem camber plates, and instead went to MMR camber/caster plates. The oem didn’t allow for caster adjustment. The oem plates taht were installed on my R I removed as well for the same reason. Went with MMR there as well. What you have is a better setup, but if you just want the oem to keep it all original I get that. I’d probably just acquire and keep the oem on the shelf for down the line.

OP
OP
StangersInTheNight

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I’d probably just acquire and keep the oem on the shelf for down the line.
Thanks. I think that's my plan. Get the OEM stuff now while I can, and keep it with the car in case I or a future owner wants to put it back to stock.

My problem is that I don't know what OEM is/was on the 2018 R. Anybody have a 2018 R OEM setup that can provide a photo?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Call your local Franchise Ford parts department with your vin, they can locate what you need from there. It’ll come up by your vin.

Thanks. I think that's my plan. Get the OEM stuff now while I can, and keep it with the car in case I or a future owner wants to put it back to stock.

My problem is that I don't know what OEM is/was on the 2018 R. Anybody have a 2018 R OEM setup that can provide a photo?
Sponsored