2018 Quirks - what have you noticed?

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
BTW OP, I have the adaptive cruise, and haven't every had a beep, boop, or bop when I've set it. :shrug:

It might be because I have adaptive disabled and it feels the need to warn me about that - I'll check later exactly what it says.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No ability to theme sync 3. We are stuck with the ugly powder blue.

I changed mine to black - don't remember how but its in the settings somewhere. Looks much better.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
What's so hard about flipping the button a couple times to go back to the drive mode lol? Did you want individual switches for each mode?...
I would love that!

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I changed mine to black - don't remember how but its in the settings somewhere. Looks much better.
Did that but it drops brightness/contrast way down. For me it gets hard to see.

You can see the brightess look spot on for a second or two with night mode after you turn the car off. The Fusion loaner I just had did the same thing.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It might be because I have adaptive disabled and it feels the need to warn me about that - I'll check later exactly what it says.
I only get it when the speed drops to 12 MPH or slower and it disengages. Otherwise it never makes a sound.

Sponsored

greengoblin31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
No dome light override switch. That is a big WTF?? for me.

Frequent warning dialogs from Ford's legal department, some of them are real head scratchers.

Toggle switches are one way.

No ability to theme sync 3. We are stuck with the ugly powder blue.

Mute button does not pause streaming tracks. Despite people here insisting that is normal I've never seen that behavior on any other A2DP Bluetooth connection.

My Key is rather useless. If I didn't trust a family member that much I wouldn't let them drive it to begin with.

Tail lights blind/stun me when shutting the trunk at night.
Wow really??? omg. the sync systems have always been super flawed imo. :eyebulge::eyebulge:

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
The awful Bluetooth connectivity performance. Half the time it 'connects' but won't play music at all, I have to restart Bluetooth on my phone. And God help me if I plug in my phone to charge it, ANDROID AUTO. I like the map functionality but oh my God it's awful otherwise. Also that screws up audio playback too, requiring another Bluetooth reset. My same phone connected immediately to my 2015 Golf R, no issues.

I've never had phone integration just work so poorly

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My quirk is that it seems like the air conditioning mode and settings sometimes change randomly (from their last settings) when I start the car. For example I might shut down the car with AC on "Normal" (not max), non-recirc. with seat cooling on 1. Then hours later I start the car and it's set to recirc with seat cooling at 3. (Note: I almost always use the manual mode, not AUTO.)

And I don't know if it's a "quirk" but it's annoying that every time I shift into reverse, I get the prompt screen asking if I want the park assist thing off or on. Can't I just set it to ALWAYS ON or ALWAYS OFF somehow?

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I would love that!
I was on the Kansas TurnPike 80 mph all of the sudden it started pouring rain. From my mode to wet\snow was a long way around. The first push only tell you the mode you are in but does not change modes. Then if you go past :frusty:
Also drag mode only uses 7th gear so now you have a 3 gear downshift. Track has no traction control. and I was in S on the trans so there was no wet or normal available. Up and down would be much simpler.
Lee

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I was on the Kansas TurnPike 80 mph all of the sudden it started pouring rain. From my mode to wet\snow was a long way around. The first push only tell you the mode you are in but does not change modes. Then if you go past :frusty:
Also drag mode only uses 7th gear so now you have a 3 gear downshift. Track has no traction control. and I was in S on the trans so there was no wet or normal available. Up and down would be much simpler.
Lee
Yup, exactly.

You can disable my mode from showing. I do that just to have fewer items to go through. I think track and drag should be too as it something one doesn't need under normal circumstances.

You can do it with MyKey but then it cripples the car.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to cycle presets at least on sirius, i'm not sure if you are talking about radio but you hit the M button and it will go to the second set, hit it again it will go to the 3rd.
Okay so I don’t have an M button - I have a music note button. When I press that it doesn’t change to the next set of presets on the Sync screen - it brings up a list of music options on the info display. I have to scroll down to pick Sirius, then scroll through the first set of presets to get to Sirius2, which will then bring up the second set of presets. Ridiculous. Since the steering wheel arrow keys allow me to scroll through the stations within a preset group on the Sync screen, there should be away to move to the next set of presets using the steering wheel as well. .

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I wonder if many of the quirks have been sorted, my '18 needs 5 software updates (as per ETIS)...
Image Processing Module A (IPMA)
SYNC Module [APIM]
Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)
Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Body Control Module (BCM)

I'm saving them up for a full house before I go to my dealer.

Quirk: Sometimes the car decides it would like me to service the flat tyre kit.
What is in those updates?

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
- Rain sensitive wipers way too sensitive even on lowest sensitivity setting.

- When using USB flash drive with Sync, the only way to go "next folder" or "next album" is step through all the songs on current album, start a new browsing session to select the next album, or have your folder structure memorized and use voice command by specific album name (no such voice command "play next album" or "play next folder". ...or I'm a moron and have not figured out the button or command yet (not intuitive to me and nothing about it in the manuals I can find).

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Most of the quirks mention things not even included in the base model. Seems like I saved myself some aggravation. LOL! No modes, adaptive cruise, rain sensing wipers, seat memory, etc, etc. I get in and drive, everything I need works.
Sponsored