Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
There was an earlier post that tells you how to check rail car status. Your dealer can give you the railcar #. I suspect, however, that you will be on a Norfolk Southen train as I was, and those can't be easily tracked.

My EDD changed again over the weekend to 12/8. Dealer told me that it is no longer on the train and that it could be delivered later today, or tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.
:thumbsup: Always nice to hear someone's car is arriving.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Norfolk Southern was easy to track in late Dec 14 and Jan 15. I think I called the customer service number on their website. At least some of the time I got helpful live people. I'll probably try again after my car ships around Christmas.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
COTUS makes as much sense as my X Wife............

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
I ordered mine on 8/19/2017. The status on COTUS finally went to "In Production" this morning with a blend date of 12/12/2017 (from the window sticker), the same date the dealer gave me two weeks ago. Then convoy to Augusta, GA. Looks like I will see it in early January.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Woot! I have a VIN. Build scheduled for Jan-09-2018. COTUS shows EDD as 01/20/2018. I hope that stays on track. I figured that I was looking at February.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Woot! I have a VIN. Build scheduled for Jan-09-2018. COTUS shows EDD as 01/20/2018. I hope that stays on track. I figured that I was looking at February.
Nice. How do you know the scheduled build date - window sticker available?

my EDD is 2/13 so maybe in a couple of weeks I'll get some additional info.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Nice. How do you know the scheduled build date - window sticker available?

my EDD is 2/13 so maybe in a couple of weeks I'll get some additional info.
Once you're scheduled your dealer can get the date from their report. My car wasn't coming up in COTUS because it was a duplicate order number so I had to check on it.

I can see mine on COTUS now with the VIN but that production date is not listed. As I understand the production date can change until it's locked in. I think that's when it appears on COTUS and they create the sticker. You can also see the "blend date" on sticker once it's created.

Sponsored

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Tomorrow (maybe). The Sales Manager called the ramp, in Norfolk, while I was standing there and the message he received was that my Mustang is on the trailer waiting to be picked up. That's good news. COTUS still says 12/8/17. I stopped at the dealership 3 times last week and already 2 times this week. I'll be back there tomorrow!!! Bad news, the weather. Today it was 74 and mostly sunny. Tomorrow and for the next 3 days, 80% chance of rain with highs around 50. Next week, sunny and cold. I see some top down days in the garage playing with the dash and radio settings.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tomorrow (maybe). The Sales Manager called the ramp, in Norfolk, while I was standing there and the message he received was that my Mustang is on the trailer waiting to be picked up. That's good news. COTUS still says 12/8/17. I stopped at the dealership 3 times last week and already 2 times this week. I'll be back there tomorrow!!! Bad news, the weather. Today it was 74 and mostly sunny. Tomorrow and for the next 3 days, 80% chance of rain with highs around 50. Next week, sunny and cold. I see some top down days in the garage playing with the dash and radio settings.
I wish I'm that close to the dealership I ordered my mustang from...

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Well there is a God. I just checked COTUS and my vehicle Order moved to IN PRODUCTION. Maybe just maybe before Christmas.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well there is a God. I just checked COTUS and my vehicle Order moved to IN PRODUCTION. Maybe just maybe before Christmas.
Nice, one step closer.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Short End Of The Stick

Nice, one step closer.
Figure this one out. I stopped by my dealer this afternoon and low and behold he has three (3) Stock orders sitting on his lot but my retail order no where to be found. Go figure.
He knew I was pissed so the owner saw me outside and came out to see me. He said here ED take the keys to the blue one (KONA) it's specked out just like yours take it for a spin down RT17 and let us know what you think. So... first I walked around it and checked body fitment and all the new details, I even checked the trunk. I am not a fan of the new engine cover and the coil covers are omitted on the 2018. The engine compartment is pretty cluttered. (Have fun working in there) The interior is just like my 15 Premium. The digital dash is awesome. I like the available choices. right on. I did not beat on this car but man you can feel the power between shifts. This I like, a lot. Now the active exhaust, If you didn't get it kick yourself in the ass. it's so cool and for a D/D it can't be beat. This will save you a ton just to get a good sounding exhaust. And the best part switch to quiet mode and it shuts right up. All in all I'm pretty impressed. As a side note the car looks bitchin in person. I could cars less about track times, ET, and MPH, But for a sharp, fast, cool looking ride.....sit down buckle up and let the games begin.
Sponsored

Last edited: