Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
Found the exact same model I ordered already on its way to a different dealership, nobody claimed it yet. So I reserved it. Now I should be driving it before December instead of mid January, like my original order showed.
Sponsored

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
This is my original order. Blend date November 27th, delivery Christmas day. Ain't that some shit.
Looks like they are all a week ahead. I confirmed mine is actually in production. Still no EDD. I am hoping to have it the week before Christmas.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I finally found one almost like mine except for the interior color is not midnight blue, and it's quite far away from where I live, will see how things goes with my own order.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I finally found one almost like mine except for the interior color is not midnight blue, and it's quite far away from where I live, will see how things goes with my own order.
Don't settle, if you want Blue interior wait :ford:

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Got in touch with my Dealer today. This is what they provided. Looks like build on 12/20. Delivery Early Jan.
build.jpg

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Got in touch with my Dealer today. This is what they provided. Looks like build on 12/20. Delivery Early Jan.
Hopefully, my car will be built before 12/18. Since they are building them faster! This time last yr 17s were already on the roads these 18s are taking a long time to get them to us. Maybe they are just focusing on the dealers...

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Just saw that COTUS updated again. Now I have a window sticker, but it says blend date is 11/29/2017. This seems odd, as it is already listed as in production.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hopefully, my car will be built before 12/18. Since they are building them faster! This time last yr 17s were already on the roads these 18s are taking a long time to get them to us. Maybe they are just focusing on the dealers...
Dealers normally have higher priority orders for their inventory. Rarely does a custom order go above that unless it was cleared by an area sales manager or some other circumstance.

I would think a lot of the custom orders will hit early next year.

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I really would like to order exact car I want. It just sucks that you dont know what financing and incentive offers will exist when the car comes in. This will probably prevent me from ordering. Just worried its going to be really hard to find the exact build I am looking for. But would hate to pass up a 72 month zero finance deal due to ordering. I wish you could lock in incentives and financing at time of order.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw that COTUS updated again. Now I have a window sticker, but it says blend date is 11/29/2017. This seems odd, as it is already listed as in production.
Blend date is the date when it finish building.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. My build week was supposed to be the same according to my dealer a few weeks back, so it will most likely start the building process as same as yours.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
I really would like to order exact car I want. It just sucks that you dont know what financing and incentive offers will exist when the car comes in. This will probably prevent me from ordering. Just worried its going to be really hard to find the exact build I am looking for. But would hate to pass up a 72 month zero finance deal due to ordering. I wish you could lock in incentives and financing at time of order.
Zero Percent for 72 months is on 2017s only. You won't see that on an '18 until summer, at the earliest. Bite the bullet and order what you want. Who knows, in 6-10 weeks they might be doing better than the current $500 rebate offered now on the '18's.

S550Josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18GT Premium (On order)
Dealers normally have higher priority orders for their inventory. Rarely does a custom order go above that unless it was cleared by an area sales manager or some other circumstance.

I would think a lot of the custom orders will hit early next year.
The way I was explained to it here at my dealership is that Ford will send out cars before customer ones so that dealers have something to show on the lots. I was wondering how people who ordered their cars right away were getting passed up by these cars that were getting to the lots.
Sponsored