Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Seems odd they have a bunch of folks wanting to buy a new car, but they can't seem to find a way to build them. No wonder their sales are down. I've looked around even for a Lightning Blue PP1 with 301A, manual, Magneride and active valve exhaust. I've found one within 800 miles of me. And, there isn't a PP2 to be found anywhere. Kind of disappointing to say the least.
Keep in mind it's still only March and technically winter still. Dealers aren't going to order a boatload of rear wheel drive sports cars with summer tires just for them to sit until May. The only places you'll have any luck right now are the sunshine states.
Sponsored

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Keep in mind it's still only March and technically winter still. Dealers aren't going to order a boatload of rear wheel drive sports cars with summer tires just for them to sit until May. The only places you'll have any luck right now are the sunshine states.
I agree with your point, however, I think it is unlikely dealers will be ordering 2018s for inventory at this point. Seems more likely they would be ordering 2019s to be delivered as soon as possible, probably when the weather improves. Also, I have no idea how dealer allocation works, but it seems to be limited and I doubt they will waste it on 2018s. My dealer is down to 2 allocations from what I was told, and I assume those are specific to 2018s.

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Seems odd they have a bunch of folks wanting to buy a new car, but they can't seem to find a way to build them. No wonder their sales are down. I've looked around even for a Lightning Blue PP1 with 301A, manual, Magneride and active valve exhaust. I've found one within 800 miles of me. And, there isn't a PP2 to be found anywhere. Kind of disappointing to say the least.
I completely agree. It really makes no sense and there has to be a reasonable explanation. I just wish we could get the straight story.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well someone on another site is reporting that 2018 order banks have re-opened till April 4th, not sure when 2019 ordering will be available now. Was supposed to be today. 2019 production could be delayed too, or maybe it's just ordering that's delayed, we'll see.

Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
This is from that thread as well. Just posted less than 30 minutes ago.

"Confirmed from my dealership - just got off the phone & was told don't bother coming in, the can't put anything in the system. Said it could be several weeks, which would jive with the April 4th date you list."

I would assume that either way if 2019 production date doesn't actually get delayed, there will still be a backlog due to the 2-3 weeks that people weren't able to put in orders?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This is from that thread as well. Just posted less than 30 minutes ago.

"Confirmed from my dealership - just got off the phone & was told don't bother coming in, the can't put anything in the system. Said it could be several weeks, which would jive with the April 4th date you list."

I would assume that either way if 2019 production date doesn't actually get delayed, there will still be a backlog due to the 2-3 weeks that people weren't able to put in orders?
I don't think there will be a backlog because nobody was able to put anything through today. 2019 production wasn't even going to start getting build dates till April 12th, with production not starting till June 11th. So not accepting orders until any day until April 12th shouldn't really change anything on the order side. We all just have to wait longer to be added to the queue that goes nowhere till April 12th anyway.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
This whole order date snafu is a joke. I have chatted with two different sources, and even got ahold of sales at Ford Corporate. No one can give me any answers if 2018 order bank is open or closed or when 2019 order bank will be open. They keep referring me to my dealer. The guy at my dealer that does the ordering has been there a long time. Today is his day off, so I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if he can shed any light on this mystery. Anyone else heard any updates?

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I ordered an '18 GT convertible on Feb 2nd. I called my dealer today and was told that Ford has accepted the order but has yet to release a VIN. At this rate I don't expect to see the car until May, 2 months into car season.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
I ordered an '18 GT convertible on Feb 2nd. I called my dealer today and was told that Ford has accepted the order but has yet to release a VIN. At this rate I don't expect to see the car until May, 2 months into car season.
You may not even see it then, I ordered 2/17 got the vin 2/22 and EDD is 5/17

Sponsored

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This whole order date snafu is a joke. I have chatted with two different sources, and even got ahold of sales at Ford Corporate. No one can give me any answers if 2018 order bank is open or closed or when 2019 order bank will be open. They keep referring me to my dealer. The guy at my dealer that does the ordering has been there a long time. Today is his day off, so I'm going to call him tomorrow and see if he can shed any light on this mystery. Anyone else heard any updates?
When I emailed my salesman yesterday, he said they were waiting for a reply regarding their request to use their last 2 allocations to have the car I ordered and another built. Their request had not been declined or approved, and I have heard nothing today. It seems the dealers are not getting any more information than anyone else. I'm in Michigan and I feel like driving to Flat Rock to talk to someone there. :rant:

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You may not even see it then, I ordered 2/17 got the vin 2/22 and EDD is 5/17
I ordered 10 days after you and still no VIN. Ford Performance chat told me the build date is 4/18 when I asked last week. I asked them again yesterday and I was told there is no build date yet, and there never was one. :doh:

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
I ordered 10 days after you and still no VIN. Ford Performance chat told me the build date is 4/18 when I asked last week. I asked them again yesterday and I was told there is no build date yet, and there never was one. :doh:
That's interesting the build date of 4/18 could be true, mine is 4/9 so that would coincide with ordering 10 days after mine

Stang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just sent a message via Facebook to the Ford Flat Rock Assembly plant asking what's going on over there. I'll be surprised to get a response.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
If you guys ordered cars with the Performance package do you think that could be the hold up? I've owned Corvette's for years, and the plant will put constraints on certain package's because of availability. They will allow only a certain percentage of cars to be built with that package. But, GM will notify their dealers concerning these restraints so the customer can make the decision to keep the package, or not. I have no idea if Ford does the same thing. One thing for is if Ford does that they surely don't tell anyone.
Sponsored