Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Wrong. It has to be default on at all times to be part of the EPA fuel economy cycle. That is precisely why it's the way it is.
My 335 is fully defeatable and has the exact same fuel economy ratings as the earlier models that were not fully defeatable. And BMW offered as a software retrofit for the earlier cars without issuing new ratings. Signs point to Ford just being lazy.....
Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just to show how much our governments are concerned about our filthy gas guzzling cars polluting the atmosphere, in the UK, many years ago smaller cars with lower emissions paid little or no road tax at all, whereas the gas guzzlers like the V8 Mustang pay over £500 per year.
So, there's an incentive to buy a smaller less polluting car yeah.. £0 annual road tax vs £500+, well, from April 1st this year everything that is not totally electric will be £140 flat per year. (Any car that cost more than £40K will pay a premium for the first five years). So, you go and buy a sub 1 litre two cylinder turbo and pay the same road tax as a 5 litre Mustang??
Yeah, our Government is really committed to dropping pollution!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining that my New 5.0 will cost less than my Fiesta ST, it just doesn't seem right?? But.. if the '18 5.0 has stop start, there's another reason to cancel my order!!

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My 335 is fully defeatable and has the exact same fuel economy ratings as the earlier models that were not fully defeatable. And BMW offered as a software retrofit for the earlier cars without issuing new ratings. Signs point to Ford just being lazy.....
All that says is that BMW wasn't able to get a measurable benefit on the EPA cycle (it'll only give about a 1 mpg city bump on the Ford products). I'm a mechanical engineer in the automotive industry and have worked in powertrain for most of my career, so I know what I'm talking about regarding why it's default on. It's deliberate, not lazy.

Last edited:

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I'm starting to lose hope that the 2018 is going to be revealed in Detroit. By this time we should have already seen either a leaked photo or a teaser. :(

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm starting to lose hope that the 2018 is going to be revealed in Detroit. By this time we should have already seen either a leaked photo or a teaser. :(
According to TopNotch there will be teasers and Ford employees were away for the holiday and get back into the office tomorrow. So I'm hoping for one tomorrow.

Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
So is there still no details about the power bump in the v8?

That worries me, having all of these other details available.

Someone please talk me off the ledge, my passenger side leather door panel just came off the other day and there is some local deals that are pretty good, although I am not sure Active Exhaust and Mag Ride alone can hold me.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
According to TopNotch there will be teasers and Ford employees were away for the holiday and get back into the office tomorrow. So I'm hoping for one tomorrow.
Also keeping my fingers crossed !!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So is there still no details about the power bump in the v8?
Even if the '18MY is released at the Detroit show, don't hold your breath for exact power and torque figures. I suspect these will be released much closer to the date you can order the car. Certainly that's been the case with their most recent Mustang launches.

However, you can be pretty sure the Coyote will have more than 435hp ;)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I just can't see them adding a big power bump only a few MY's from the new generation unless they plan on taking it to 500+. I think 450-465hp/415-420tq would be attractive numbers for the '18.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And leaves room for a special edition with 485-500 :ford:

:cough: Mach 1 :cough: :ford:

Ford may think that today's hybrid Mustang bombshell news has made me forget about the '18MY......but it hasn't. C'mon Ford.....I want confirmation we'll see it on the 9th! :rant:

:D

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
:cough: Mach 1 :cough: :ford:

Ford may think that today's hybrid Mustang bombshell news has made me forget about the '18MY......but it hasn't. C'mon Ford.....I want confirmation we'll see it on the 9th! :rant:

:D
What he said!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
With today's new info, I think sales of v8s will increase before they are all gone. The 2018 will be a big year for mustang fans. We should all take note as this could be the last big news year we all care about and don't dread.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
With no 2018 teasers/leaks and Detroit's Auto show withing spitting distance, I don't think we're going to see the 2018 soon. The Hybrid Mustang is a nice bone tho. And ffs people need to R E L A X when it comes to the demise of the v8. We still got a ton of tech left before we see it go away.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.