Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT shift lights

RedRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Hello everyone! Im new to the forums and decided this would be a good first question to ask. I know there is a heads up display of a shift light for the new 2018 mustang gt. I found the settings for the lights where you can set your rpm limit and when you reach the limit the heads up shift light will light up. Is there a way to have the heads up display increase the amount of lights that show according to how close you are to the rom marker i set? Here is a video about what I mean. I even have the same exact options as the video shows when setting my shift light. But i still cant figure it out. Thanks in advance!

Video:

[ame]
Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
GT doesn't have it, only the GT350. The GT shift lights are on top of the digital dash. It also doesn't have the same options, only the shift point.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
My GT has a shift light mode in the settings, if I pick track mode it shifts the tach down for a space that I assume is the shift light area. Will test in morning when I start her up to head to work.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My GT has a shift light mode in the settings, if I pick track mode it shifts the tach down for a space that I assume is the shift light area. Will test in morning when I start her up to head to work.
Yes, but it's not a HUD. It's there on the top of the dash on the GT on sport, track and drag mode.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Yes, but it's not a HUD. It's there on the top of the dash on the GT on sport, track and drag mode.
True, not a HUD. Would be nice if there was one.

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, not a HUD. Would be nice if there was one.
Yeah, there's already a HUD for the safe and smart system...not sure why they didn't program the shift points there too...seems like it wouldn't have been much trouble.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
the lights that a 2018 GT has that lights up red when you start the engine are brake assist lights for the safe & smart package, not shift lights.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder if the programming for the HUD could be edited to make it into a shift light through a tune...

OP
OP

RedRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Yea jake_zx2. Editing the "heads up display brake light" into a shift light would be awesome. Il look into that.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure it's possible... it appears same exact light cluster in the GT350. I doubt they would create new hardware when they already had exactly what they needed right in front of them
Sponsored