Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Ford’s legendary 5.0-liter V8 engine has been thoroughly reworked. It is more powerful and revs higher than any Mustang GT before. This power increase was achieved with the first application for Mustang of Ford’s new dual-fuel, high-pressure direct injection and low-pressure port fuel injection on a V8 engine – delivering robust low-end torque, high-rpm power, and improved fuel efficiency.

The manual transmission for both engine options has been upgraded for optimal torque. For the V8, the manual transmission has been totally redesigned to include a twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel to increase torque capability and deliver more efficient clutch modulation.

A new 10-speed automatic transmission, available with both EcoBoost and V8 engines, is the best automatic Mustang has ever offered. With a wide-ratio span and optimized gear spacing, this all-new gearbox helps deliver higher average power for acceleration – improving responsiveness and performance.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Gigantic mouth with tiny chin looks bad on humans and Mustangs apparently

Sponsored

Jules1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Horrible, just horrible...ruined my favorite car of all time after just 3 years. Looks like a Hyundai elantra. This CANNOT be the same design team, looks like they fired those guys because they didn't like outselling the Camaro every month. Speaking of the Camaro, this reminds of me of that refresh they did for 2014, "to hold them over for the 6th gen"...Change for the sake of change. Except that was just boring, this is plain ugly.
Horrible looks that lil rat on your avatar.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Hmm, I'm starting to like the options and it's kinda growing on me. Love the rear spoiler :thumbsup:

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Exactly how much did Ford lower the hood? Will superchargers still fit without interference problems?
Has anyone heard about real numbers of the new higher GT engine power?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm most interested in this part:

"The manual transmission for both engine options has been upgraded for optimal torque. For the V8, the manual transmission has been totally redesigned to include a twin-disc clutch and dual-mass flywheel to increase torque capability and deliver more efficient clutch modulation."

Upgraded as in the MT-82 is gone?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Exactly how much did Ford lower the hood? Will superchargers still fit without interference problems?
Has anyone heard about real numbers of the new higher GT engine power?
I don't think they lowered it. I think they actually raised it. The hood line is at the same height as the GT350 now.