Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
To me the front looks very similar to the Focus ST. I don't really mind the lower hood or the headlights but the grill appears to be flush with the bumper, which I don't like. I prefered the indented look from before. The ducting under the headlights and on the lower part of the bumper look out of place as well. Rear end to me is fine, I don't mind the spoiler and the quad exhaust is nice. I am more interested in what interior changes they made, that plus additional performance could even out the front looks.

On a side note regarding anniversaries, 2018 is the 25th of the Mustang Cobra, which to me was when Ford really stepped into the modern age of performance again. I always hated that they dropped the Cobra name in favor of the Shelby. Really wish they would go back to the Cobra line at some point or atleast honor it in some fashion similar to the Mach 1, Bullit, Boss 302 etc.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Look at the side by side pics and notice the roof is smushed. This is the same body which makes me believe this is a fisheye lens shot and the front is made wider by the camera angle. Just my thoughts. I wait for the unveiling at naias. later

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I tried to fix the facelift while maintaining the style Ford wanted to do:
That minor change alone to the brake vents is infinitely better than the real deal. Your change makes the lower fangs obvious as part of the lower bumper design.

Ford's executive-approved design, however, is shit.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
This makes sense to me, given the significance of the anniversary dates.
Now that you brought this up, does that mean we are due for the second coming of the Mustang II in 2024? :frusty:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Assuming it's all legit, and we'll find out shortly, the new look will probably grow on me eventually. They always do.

However, I think it lost the "I must have" looks that basically stunned me when I first saw the S550 in the flesh at a 2014 auto show. That was complete love at first sight, something I can't say ever happened before with a new Mustang reveal in my lifetime (I'm 47).

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not much of a change. Not too different from the 15s and 16s. Just a minor re-fresh.

What about the 10spd auto, DI engine, magnetic shocks? Do we know if everything is present and accounted for?

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
waaaait for it waaaait for it, got to see it in person !

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Not much of a change. Not too different from the 15s and 16s. Just a minor re-fresh.
:headbonk::shrug::headbonk::shrug::crazy::crazy:

it's a change alright... and it's a de-fresh

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The people that think this is fake are smoking crack, there's multiple pictures of the car in 3 different colors. Who would go through the effort to create a fake rolling video of a seemingly production quality car.. Accept it. The design will grow on us, and once we see the other upgrades we will probably all want one.. But it does make keeping your 15-17 easier

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
With the slight tweaks that Ace and others have made I could really like this redesign. Just needs a new bumper. And even just blacking out some elements and giving it the Bullitt treatment like TopNotch did helps too. Still think I like everything about my current car better though. Excited to see if this gets any better at 11am.

Sponsored

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Seems like a lot of money to retool, 2 1/4 panels, hood, bumper and lord knows what else. and in 2 years redo the whole thing. It almost makes no sense to go through all that work unless the 2020 will look like this. And i think the video is very washed out, yellow might possibly be the worse color for that video. It's a very light/bright yellow, very bight lighting, washed out and you can't fully feel the lines. Lets see a blue/black/red where we can see all the lines. But something still doesn't feel right about that front end. and "rear spoiler delete" will be on all window stickers that sell, LOL

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
i hope the rear spoiler will fit the 15. thats all i like about it so far

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Camaro sales are going increase dramatically in 2018 :lol:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
:headbonk::shrug::headbonk::shrug::crazy::crazy:

it's a change alright... and it's a de-fresh
It's fine. Ya'll are acting like scolded women, freaking out over nothing.:lol::lol:

I remember when the 2013 came out and I had my 2012. I thought the 2013-14 car was a travesty. Now I realize changes happen all the time, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
If only the shape of headlights was better !! It doesn't look bad but it isn't great either. Still I feel it's a downgrade on the design :(
The headlights from the side angle remind me of the Dodge Charger. And the digital gauges look cool though !
Sponsored