Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
Oh no....it has a hint of 90s Mercury Cougar in it. Glad I bought a 2017 GT350.
Sponsored

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0
I don't know what's worse, the design itself, or the ignorance in nobody realizing how terrible a color that is to debut it in. First impressions are important.

xjester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem w/PP
Initial reaction - huh, thats it and that is not orange! Please do not become the brown/blue dress BS over this video....

Then again, what should really be expected from a mid cycle refresh. Expectations always run higher than can be met, especially following the likes of the GT350, which IMHO is one of the most beautiful cars ever. Hopes were sure to be dashed.

Personally, I'm waiting to see it in person before casting too much judgement. I recall the initial S550 reveal didn't leave a great impression with me. Most videos and pics rarely did the S550 justice. Then I saw it in person and was a big fan. Might be the case here as well. I cannot wait to see what that hood does to the presentation and lines in person.

Hoping its in Chicago in Feb. If so, I will swing by, take tons of pics and pass on my impressions.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Not what I was expecting. Looks Lexus inspired with Jag mixed in.

I had somebody thing my car was an Audi tonight. I love the Audi/Aston Martin look more than the Lexus/Jag look.

Sponsored

African PH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franco
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Race Red GT
MY18

When I first heard the rumours about the 10 speed in 2018, I felt a little cheated and disappointed, having just received my MY 2017 race red GT PP.
I am now totally at peace with the motoring world having seen these pics about the coming MY18. Love my car, and intend to keep it a loooooong time. Hope you'all will enjoy your 2015/2017.

mx5apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Any chance for a 2018.5 refresh, you know, to fix the stupid that just happened. Hope it looks better in person.

s550hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt Magnetic

Did a crappy job lol. But bottom fascia would look better like the 2015-2017. Though car wouldn't look too different I guess.

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
The horrendous front end aside i don't know how to feel about those headlights they look like the Fusion's :/

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
Front end is ugly as hell.

No sophistication to the lower bumper cover. It just looks tacky as shit.

Little subtle things like the GT350 changes or the Steeda bumper cover were able to make for a menacing yet tasteful look.

What Ford did amounts to going down to Vatozone and picking up some of those cheap as shit faux fender vents and sticking them on with double sided tape. It looks THAT OUT OF PLACE.

It is utter dog shit.

/edit They tried with the hood at least. I didnt see it at first but they tried. Got rid of the style lines we were all hating that blocked the view and made the car/hood seem huge. Super apparent if ever sitting in a GT350 that you can actually see the opposite fender peak.

But the hood still leaves me cold

Jesus the only thing it sounds like they did correctly is put an active dual mode exhaust on it.

Damned glad I bought a 2015 rather than wait.

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I really hope it is a late arrival so the 17 order banks stay open until March/April when I plan on ordering lol.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I could get past a lot if that lower grill/bumper area actually matched the rest of the car... The spoiler and the rear lights are fine, but that lower front fascia just does NOT seem at all related to the lines of the rest of the car... Makes keeping my '16 until the S650 easier...

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
It looks a bit droopy eyed. Like a S550 after a hard night partying.

Overall at least the rest of the body isnt too different, its good to not change the looks too much on these kind of cars since it ruins the resale value and also it iconic status.

Prefer the pre facelift, this new one id only take in darker colors.
Sponsored