Sponsored

2018 Mustang Fleet Brochure

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
I'm guessing 475-490 hp and 425 tq. based on the ford rep at KC auto show.
:headbang:
Sponsored

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
It won't be shown, but curb weight went up 45-70 lbs too, with all the added (texting and phone using) dumb driver aids. Those very things that are pushing us into the autonomus vehicle realm. Car has same dash as current car, while the kool new dash is optional. Manga-doodle, sorry, "ride" is also optional. We need a nice "plumb crazy" color or deep purple. The old Kona Blue is almost black and the Royal Crimson is a brownish-rootbeer color. We need a Highland green on a new Bullit. Oh and some actual "Daylight visible" Tri-bar DRL's. Not these dull, dim things that are barely visible in daytime. Sad to see the mustang getting heavier, adding oh so little power, (on 93 octane as rated). Deduct 12hp/10tq for 91 octane and 20hp/20tq lower on 89 fuel.

Yes I used the proper word Kool. Cool is a description of temperature, yet so many idiots use it. Kool is the proper word to say when something is neat, special, etc.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This

Dodge is releasing 700-800+ Hp cars left and right and Ford is beating around the bush on a measly 15-20hp gain....
You must understand, the base V8 mustang is still 700 lbs lighter than a Challenger HC and 635 lbs lighter than a Demon. Also, the Demon is not really a street car and is rated at 808 hp. 840 hp is with the optional drag pack, that must be ordered. And understand too, that all those crazy acceleration test numbers were obtained on a "drag pack" car, in late Nov in 35-39* F air on a very highly prepped track. A regular showroom Demon is 808 hp, has 130-150 lbs more weight by having full standard wheels, not tiny skinny drag wheels upfront, and a little bit more interior etc. And, according to a Dodge/SRT rep, friend of mine, the DA, Density Altitude on testing night was 2400+ ft below sealevel. Do you have any idea what that does to an engine? It's like getting 45-60 free hp, which means that the Demon was closer to a 915-925 hp level due to the weather. In regular street trim, the Demon might crack 3.2 sec in the 0-60 sprint, on a cool 55-65* night. So, my point I was in, about why Ford doesn't need high hp, is because of how much lighter and aerodynamic the mustang is. Ford Racing was the first time supercharge the S550 mustang gt and run 10.7@130 on slicks with a measly 650 hp. And on sticky street tires, run 11.4@127.... The hellcat did 11.4@126 on slicks and 11.9@122 on drag tires as tested by C&D and Motor Trend. So, you see, the mustang doesn't need overly big muscle to get the job done. There's a reason "lean and mean" will always take down the bigger dawgs. When you 400-700 lbs lighter, you don't need nearly as much power to do the same feats of speed.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope they release the specifics soon. I'm thinking/guessing there will be some prerequisite to MagnaRide i.e. Optional only on PP or Premium PP. This will save them from fine tuning the programming for each combination of wheels and weights.
But no worries you can just swap the wheels later.
455 hp/425 tq.... Rated on 93... 442 hp/415 tq on 91, and down from there in similar increments at 89 and 87 fuel. The PP will likely take it to 475 hp. My concern is the duel fueling. Direct and port injection are going to make this new 5.0 a tuning new nightmare for awhile when it gets here. Two separate fuel systems mean twice as complex which means twice the problems and twice as much to go wrong.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
It won't be shown, but curb weight went up 45-70 lbs too, with all the added (texting and phone using) dumb driver aids. Those very things that are pushing us into the autonomus vehicle realm. Car has same dash as current car, while the kool new dash is optional. Manga-doodle, sorry, "ride" is also optional. We need a nice "plumb crazy" color or deep purple. The old Kona Blue is almost black and the Royal Crimson is a brownish-rootbeer color. We need a Highland green on a new Bullit. Oh and some actual "Daylight visible" Tri-bar DRL's. Not these dull, dim things that are barely visible in daytime. Sad to see the mustang getting heavier, adding oh so little power, (on 93 octane as rated). Deduct 12hp/10tq for 91 octane and 20hp/20tq lower on 89 fuel.

Yes I used the proper word Kool. Cool is a description of temperature, yet so many idiots use it. Kool is the proper word to say when something is neat, special, etc.

Lighten up, Francis.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This

Dodge is releasing 700-800+ Hp cars left and right and Ford is beating around the bush on a measly 15-20hp gain....
Very different cars.

Dodge is doing muscle cars, the Mustang is a GT/Sports Coupe.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
465 HP probable. 10 more than Chevy. Low number 460 HP , 5 more than Chevy. 475 HP unrealistic . Just my two cents. Look this Mustang is killer on the mechanicals..........a home run for the FMC:ford::headbang:

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Very different cars.

Dodge is doing muscle cars, the Mustang is a GT/Sports Coupe.
Mustang has been a Pony/muscle car since 1964.5, Ford has nothing for Dodge right now or GM for that matter...

We got a 13 sec Mustang GT, a $400K V6 and a 12 sec GT350 which 99% of will never be road raced.

New Camaros are going 11s stock, but we got some new cool gadgets in the interior and an ultra secret 20 hp bump..lol

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Mustang has been a Pony/muscle car since 1964.5, Ford has nothing for Dodge right now or GM for that matter...

We got a 13 sec Mustang GT, a $400K V6 and a 12 sec GT350 which 99% of will never be road raced.

New Camaros are going 11s stock, but we got some new cool gadgets in the interior and an ultra secret 20 hp bump..lol
Pony and Muscle cars are two very different things. Completely different. And I have no idea what you're referring to about Ford, GM and Dodge....

Mustangs were Pony cars, and now they're Sports Coupes/GTs. They're not Muscle cars.....never have been, ain't now.

And keep in mind the price difference. It's significant. A Hellcat starts at $65-$68K. You can take a $35-$40K Mustang and rock that beyotch with the cost difference.

And lastly, your (incorrect) 1/4 mile times, and your focus on them, explains a lot.

Last edited:

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Pony and Muscle cars are two very different things. Completely different. And I have no idea what you're referring to about Ford, GM and Dodge....

Mustangs were Pony cars, and now they're Sports Coupes/GTs. They're not Muscle cars.....never have been, ain't now.

And keep in mind the price difference. It's significant. A Hellcat starts at $65-$68K,
Challenger was/is a pony car always has been, rwd V8, long hood short decklid.

An M3 is a sports coupe, and a Mustang is NOT

I'm just saying GM and Dodge both have 4 doors that will mop the floor with a GT350.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
7/17 for orders, 10/2 for start up of production. Prob November for deliveries.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Challenger was/is a pony car always has been, rwd V8, long hood short decklid.

An M3 is a sports coupe, and a Mustang is NOT

I'm just saying GM and Dodge both have 4 doors that will wipe the floor with a GT350.
A Challenger is a MUSCLE car, where a mid-sized sedan has a monster motor stuffed in it. Mustangs were PONY cars, which is a completely different type of car.

And an M3 and a modern Mustang are exactly the same sort of cars, Sports Coupes, as recognized by all the comparison head-to-head tests between them over the last several years. The very ones where Mustangs are 90+% the car for 40% of the money. Then there's the various other market publications that put them in the same category.

And, again, you only focus on straight-line acceleration. Neither GM or Dodge have cars that can hang with a GT350 on a track, much less for the same or similar money.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
An M3 and a Mustang are exactly the same sort of cars, Sports Coupes, as recognized by all the comparison head-to-head tests between them over the last several years. The very ones where Mustangs are 90% the car for 40% of the money. Then there's the various other market publications that put them in the same category.

And, again, you only focus on straight-line acceleration. Neither GM or Dodge have cars that can hang with a GT350 on a track, much less for the same or similar money.
Well if you want to go by magazines and not history, I guess you're correct. So you are telling me the GT, SS and Challenger are not direct competitors anymore?

The ZL1 is priced the same as an R and will dust the R, in a big way.The 1LE keeps up with the R and it's $30K less

Trust me I'm a Ford guy, but GM and Dodge are kicking the crap out of Ford performance wise
Sponsored