2018 Mustang Fleet Brochure

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Some of you guys need to learn what FLEET means.

Some of you guys need to have your Man Card revoked.

I hope you know who you are.:lol::ford:
Sponsored

Last edited:

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
I don't mind that Sync3 is an option. I mind that currently it's part of a $4K premium trim level that includes what I consider to be non-functionality adding luxury items (i.e. leather seats) that I don't want to pay for. As a younger buyer considering the car for long term ownership, I want the latest and greatest infotainment system so I can have some level of confidence it won't be obsolete before the warranty runs out.

The joy of tradeoffs!

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
No.... Ford is not a little behind the curve.

People don't buy performance cars, to stare at 8" video screen. Those are great for family cars (4-door), or SUVs.

Nobody wants an intrusive 8" screen staring them in the face when sport driving.
I mean, I intentionally bought a base instead of the premium with that same mindset. Just saying that for your $25,000- $35,000, there are a lot of cars (performance cars, even!) that don't fill space with a giant number pad and an itty bitty screen.

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Interesting about Orange Fury - although it is called OF Metallic Tri-Coat, it doesn't have the asterisk indicating that it is metallic (nor do the others with metallic in the name). Yet the three that are indicated to be metallic by the asterisk don't have metallic in the name. :shrug:

Also, the little "4" indicates it will be an extra charge. That sucks. Might be the deciding factor for me between OF and Magnetic.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I don't mind that Sync3 is an option. I mind that currently it's part of a $4K premium trim level that includes what I consider to be non-functionality adding luxury items (i.e. leather seats) that I don't want to pay for. As a younger buyer considering the car for long term ownership, I want the latest and greatest infotainment system so I can have some level of confidence it won't be obsolete before the warranty runs out.

The joy of tradeoffs!
Considering that with the leather seats comes heating and cooling, I would say that they are most definitely functional upgrades. At least as functional as an infotainment screen (that will still be obsolete by the time the warranty runs out, no mater what).

Red2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only two stats I cared about are TBD

ENGINES
2.3L EcoBoost I-4 5.0L Ti-VCT V8
Horsepower (hp @ rpm) TBD TBD
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) TBD TBD
YEP :headbonk:

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Your argument doesn't hold water. It's like trying to justify 10 more hp for no AC coming standard in a vehicle. Please explain the Camero and Challenger comparison to the base Mustang in regards to the interior. I'm relatively new to the Mustang scene and when I first got a glimpse of a base GT at a dealership I laughed and asked the salesman why it had a little phone sized screen in the dash. Except a basic smartphone is about a decade more advanced than the tech in a base GT.

IMO the Base Camero/Challenger interior is far better than the Base GT

But when it comes to premium upgrades I prefer the GT over the others.
-I much prefer Fords strategy. Make a base v8 stripped down no thrills model. The car either stands on its own as a performance vehicle or not. Don't throw in mandatory extras that people may not give a crap about. I think Camaro sales have been atrocious because their price point is so off in this regard. Not until very recently have they been competitive pricewise (and this is only because of massive incentives) if you are looking for a base model v8.

-I do not think the Camaro has a better interior. The touchscreen looks like it was slapped on as an afterthought and its on a weird angle.

-When shopping for my car, I got a GT PP out the door with taxes/tag/title for mid 32. The closest Camaro (1ss) was at least 3k more.

-Honestly, you can spend 300 bucks and get a decent touchscreen with nav if you take a few hours and do the install yourself.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Coming from an '03 Mach 1 the '18 base Mustang GT will feel like and look like a Cadillac inside and out. I do gotta admit when I can get a base 392 Charger Daytona for $41k (dealer discounts) which comes with leather, big brakes, forged wheels and big center console screen and 4 doors the Mustang seems a little overpriced.
You are at least coming from the 2nd most expensive/best SN95 ever produced (Cobra R does not count). Me, on the other hand.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I like how we're only allowed to see page 12 & 13. Lol... where's the rest? You know hp figure is probably on page 11.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
-I much prefer Fords strategy. Make a base v8 stripped down no thrills model. The car either stands on its own as a performance vehicle or not. Don't throw in mandatory extras that people may not give a crap about. I think Camaro sales have been atrocious because their price point is so off in this regard. Not until very recently have they been competitive pricewise (and this is only because of massive incentives) if you are looking for a base model v8.

-I do not think the Camaro has a better interior. The touchscreen looks like it was slapped on as an afterthought and its on a weird angle.

-When shopping for my car, I got a GT PP out the door with taxes/tag/title for mid 32. The closest Camaro (1ss) was at least 3k more.

-Honestly, you can spend 300 bucks and get a decent touchscreen with nav if you take a few hours and do the install yourself.
IMO, Ford would be better off offering it with a double DIN hole than the base radio.
Sponsored