Sponsored

2018 GT Typewriter Tick

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I could invest in headers or some sh#$ but agai

So, I wonder once my warranty runs out, if something happens, if it is documented, would they still cover it? I have to talk to the Ford Regional manager on Monday about it. I've had 4 Mustangs and never experienced this BS.
No, not likely but if you document it from the start at least there’s a paper trail if they try to pull a fast one about a failure under warranty and claim it’s due to something not covered.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey MustangGal, if you have a chance, post a short video/sound clip (preferrably Youtube, or such, so everyone can see it easily), to know exactly what level of 'ticking' you're talking about. I fully sympathize with you, since I'm as anal as it gets. However, I can tell you that now that I'm 58, I learned to pick my fights, and by that I mean both with the manufacturer, and myself. Ha ha. If it's the very subdued tick I've heard a few times, I'd still do what you're doing, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, at least not yet. On the other hand, if it's the embarrassing kind, which sounds like your engine could grenade at any moment, no freaking way I'd just let it pass. So post that video, and you'd get much better help :D. Hope this helps.