Sponsored

2018 GT PP lower rear valence/diffuser - questions

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does anyone know if the 2018 black lower rear valence for a GT w/PP is a plug-n-play swap onto a 2018 EB w/PP?

Asking because I like the quad exhaust tips and can’t find any info if that lower valence is secured in the same manner between the 2 vehicles. Based only on pics I have seen online of the GT w/PP, it looks like a swap is feasible as the actual bumper covers above the valence look the same.

Thx!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billy,

Pic worked, but I’m not so sure what the variances are from looking at the pic? I see the top of the black valence is pulled a little bit from the rear bumper cover and can see like 2-3 tabs on the black part.

Can you post up any more info as to what’s different?

Appreciate the help and info too!

Billyocean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red PP GT
It was the best I could do with one hand holding and the other taking the pic. Lol but it's just to show that the 15-17 is a straight line and the 18 has the dip upward in it.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Billy!

Just popping this back to the top to see if anyone has attempted a 2018 GTPP rear vakance swap to a 2018 EB PP.

Also any info on parts needed?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zing - Back TTT!

Janstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2001 Turbocharged Mustang Cobra, 2018 EB
Is the GT PP supposed to have a different rear valence? I've been thinking about doing the same thing as well, and have looked at the rental cars here at the airport on break(most likely not PP) and it looks like a direct swap from what I can tell.

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To the best of my knowledge, the performance pack mustangs don't have a different rear valence. There is a GT valence and an ecoboost valence. If you look at the packages on the Ford site when building a Mustang, the options of the performance pack list all the things that are added. A front splitter is added but a rear valence is not.

Janstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2001 Turbocharged Mustang Cobra, 2018 EB
I can tell you visually from what I've seen the GT version does look different, but I don't think the visual differences will have any issues with them bolting up.. Personally, I was really hoping some company would step up and offer an axle back kit with the quad tips and this valence. I guess if it doesn't happen in the next couple of months I'll put something together on my own.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the GT PP supposed to have a different rear valence? I've been thinking about doing the same thing as well, and have looked at the rental cars here at the airport on break(most likely not PP) and it looks like a direct swap from what I can tell.
To the best of my knowledge, the performance pack mustangs don't have a different rear valence. There is a GT valence and an ecoboost valence. If you look at the packages on the Ford site when building a Mustang, the options of the performance pack list all the things that are added. A front splitter is added but a rear valence is not.
The Mustang rear valence for 2018 was redesigned and is the lower black textured plastic section attached to the lower portion of the rear body colored bumper cover; it is different on the GT PP compared to the EB PP:

A) GT PP rear valence is specifically shaped/cut to allow for the quad exhaust outlets (2 outlets per side)

B) EB PP rear valence is specifically shaped/cut to only allow for dual exhaust outlets (1 outlet per side)

To clarify my original post:
Can just the lower rear quad valence from a 2018 GT PP be easily swapped onto a 2018 EB PP rear bumper cover without any modifications needed to the bumper cover? Such a swap would allow quad tips on a 2018 EB (with the understanding the EB catback or exhaust outlets would obviously need to be upgraded AFTER the swap).

I’ve yet to see or find the part numbers for the 2018 GT PP rear lower valence. I believe the rear bumper covers (body color upper portion) are the same between both models.
Sponsored