TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Old thread, I know.

But as someone who owns a 18 gt 10a... what was said here describes my daily with the stang to a T. My old AMG e55 felt so much better off the light with part throttle that it was a blast to drive around town. At the track the mustang wins though. I don't always want to race around, but i do want to feel power. The mustang falls short on this most of the time. 95% of my driving is going to be around town, so this is a little bit of a problem for me. Don't get me wrong, I like the car, but I wish it had WAY more low end stock.
Do you have a 355 rear gear, because it does make a hell of a difference down low.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Don't forget that most of our cars have selectable drive modes that change throttle response and shifting patterns with the A10. Granted it won't give you more low end torque, but will give a more spirited behavior. My .02

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We all make compromises in life.

Long flat horse power curve or low end torque.

Until someone makes a 6.8 liter dohc v8 (for pleebs) we are stuck.

zjbowman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible Premium 10a
True story.... when they do though, sign me up!

We all make compromises in life.

Long flat horse power curve or low end torque.

Until someone makes a 6.8 liter dohc v8 (for pleebs) we are stuck.

Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, mine is a 355 gear and on a dirty cold road it gets a little wild on the 2 to 3 shift. :>)

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Hey, prior to the 10 speed the Challenger 392 was the fastest/quickest muscle car out of the 3. Ford was dead last. Also, the 10 speed on the Camaro isn't quite as quick as the 10 speed GT for some reason. I also find it amusing the stock GT's are claiming the car is fast enough, and here I am significantly quicker with headers/xpipe/JLT intake/ported TB and ported manifold/ E85 telling you the lower rpm power could be better. I guess you're so used to slow you don't know what fast is :lol:

I don't know what car you're driving, but my GT felt so slow in stock form I had to mod it within the first month. Only have 1500 miles on it so far.

I did come from a modded Charger hellcat that would destroy 99.9% of the cars here so maybe I'm just missing that instant twin screw supercharger thrust at 15lbs in 1500 rpms.
Obviously, a high revving V8 will not feel as powerful as a modded Hellcat - not rocket science. I can say for a fact that when I give it enough gas to bring the tach up to 4.5k rpm in my 18 GT PP1 A10, the car moves faster than nearly everything on the street. Additional throttle and rpms just make it that much faster.

This 10% throttle nonsense is silly. Just give it a bit more and listen to it rev. This reminds me of the Ecoboost vs 5.0 threads. Part throttle wars.

Sponsored

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Obviously, a high revving V8 will not feel as powerful as a modded Hellcat - not rocket science. I can say for a fact that when I give it enough gas to bring the tach up to 4.5k rpm in my 18 GT PP1 A10, the car moves faster than nearly everything on the street. Additional throttle and rpms just make it that much faster.

This 10% throttle nonsense is silly. Just give it a bit more and listen to it rev. This reminds me of the Ecoboost vs 5.0 threads. Part throttle wars.
Why are you quoting me from back in August? You should read my threads and posts more often.

last_week1101907311.jpg

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Why are you quoting me from back in August? You should read my threads and posts more often.

last_week1101907311.jpg
Eh, apparently Wylie brought the thread back to life; a thread I hadn't seen before. I read a few posts and then replied to yours. I never checked the date of the thread since it was on page 1 of the General Forum. And I'll pass on searching your posts out and reading them.
Sponsored