Sponsored

2018+ Grill Badge Replacement (Refitment).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know the tricks for getting the grill badge off, but how about getting the new one back on again INCLUDING the push on washers ?

Is it possible to do without removing the front bumper cover ?

I was thinking of removing the belly pan to retrieve the pins from the old badge (which should still have the push washers on them). Can I get my hand up from underneath once the belly pan is removed to refit the washers ?

If it makes a difference, its a UK / euro car which are similar to a PP1.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

WD :like:
Sponsored

Grom13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT mustang
Just use some black silicone on the back of the new badge , hold in place with a couple of zip ties through the grille overnight , jobs done

Guid.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m pretty sure taking off the belly pan won’t let you get your hand up there, because the actual bumper reinforcement sits in between the upper and lower grilles. If the new badge is identical to the old one and has those guiding pins and you want to secure it from behind then I’d say just take off the bumper and hold a little weekend project for yourself. It’s honestly not difficult, I’ve taken mine off numerous times now for different mods. If you’re uncomfortable about that then what was said above me would definitely work, although I have tons of 3M mounting tape lying around so I tend to use that instead.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think i'm going to go with the silicone idea thanks :like:

I'm not sure 3M tape would work well on this badge as its hollow at the back and the depth isn't constant (the depth follows the profile of the badge front).

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
NO!, Just pop that puppy off and glue the new one on, If you like skin on your hands, do not attempt to put the locks on.

If you want to remove the front end to do it, more power to you.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I posted the wrong video. There is one where it shows that you just reach in behind the grill and break the tabs and remove the grill badge. There is no way I would remove the front bumper, as stated above.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I posted the wrong video. There is one where it shows that you just reach in behind the grill and break the tabs and remove the grill badge. There is no way I would remove the front bumper, as stated above.
It's the same video I saw. No, you can't get your hand in there with the vents on a '19 GT, PP1 car, even if you release the radiator and lean it away.

Like we used to say in the Oldened days,

Step 1: Remove engine.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ok, guess if the UK car has the PP1 radiator, that will be the case. As you said above, snap it off and use silicone.

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
I removed the belly pan and was able to get the clips on (2018 gt pp1). There is a rubber flap?? I just pulled it down and was able to lay on my back with the car on jack stands. I was in the process of doing a new chin spoiler so nothing to lose

Sponsored

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
I removed the belly pan and was able to get the clips on (2018 gt pp1). There is a rubber flap?? I just pulled it down and was able to lay on my back with the car on jack stands. I was in the process of doing a new chin spoiler so nothing to lose
Just did the black badge changeover on my car, did it the easy way as it was in the panel shop for a small job they said no problem and removed the front bar for the grille badge replacement. They removed all badges intact and no broken pieces or loss of skin as they obviously had pulled a few apart before. Very happy Customer.
GT450

2015VAStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 HP , 21 f250 , 97 4runner, 22 Streetglide
Just did the black badge changeover on my car, did it the easy way as it was in the panel shop for a small job they said no problem and removed the front bar for the grille badge replacement. They removed all badges intact and no broken pieces or loss of skin as they obviously had pulled a few apart before. Very happy Customer.
GT450
I was doing a belly pan replacement and chin splitter mine was a convient time also. I was also able to remove all badges intact and no broken skin. Lol

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was doing a belly pan replacement and chin splitter mine was a convient time also. I was also able to remove all badges intact and no broken skin. Lol
So did you need to remove the grill or bumper, or was all your access from underneath once the belly pan was off ? :like:

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I did this the lazy way. The pony and gt have plastic pins holding them in place. use a drill and drill the pins out then just place the new emblem on after cleaning and drying the area. The 3m tape is more than enough to hold the emblem and not show. If you are doing the 5.0 badges use fishing string and a hair dryer/heat gun on a warm day.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hot glue gun. That’s what I would use myself,
Sponsored