Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Tasca will program the mileage that you give then when you talk to them.

I just let them know I was doing a mod to a 2016 and they did whataever to make it happen.

That is the same part I’m waiting on and I have two shipments on request from different suppliers and my order was over two weeks ago.

I’m guessing this will satisfy the pm’s I got from you. :cheers:
Yes. Thank you!

Got a response back and all is good. All parts with odometer programmed will ship when the backordered SCCM arrives.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Also - Lots of credit/kudos to Zack, [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION]. And Ray, [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] for the as built configuration/time invested/info for everyone to benefit from..

I think the next hurdle for some of us is mileage correction. I'm at a loss for that, I spoke with my local speedo shop. They have nothing currently... So - Make sure you order with the correct mileage. When I purchased mine through a local dealer, they forced my hand in the 7.5 as that was the car I purchased the cluster "for".. (An 18' they had on order, I jumped through hoops to get one initially.)

Again, Pain in the ass to read through - but, I still strongly recommend it for anyone just coming to this thread.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Tasca will program the mileage that you give then when you talk to them.

I just let them know I was doing a mod to a 2016 and they did whataever to make it happen.

That is the same part I’m waiting on and I have two shipments on request from different suppliers and my order was over two weeks ago.

I’m guessing this will satisfy the pm’s I got from you. :cheers:
Just checked inventory and even National is out of these.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is some awesome info... I may be ordering soon. The as built changes seem super minor. Is there a write up on the new as built parameters for 2018?

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Also - Lots of credit/kudos to Zack, [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION]. And Ray, [MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] for the as built configuration/time invested/info for everyone to benefit from..

I think the next hurdle for some of us is mileage correction. I'm at a loss for that, I spoke with my local speedo shop. They have nothing currently... So - Make sure you order with the correct mileage. When I purchased mine through a local dealer, they forced my hand in the 7.5 as that was the car I purchased the cluster "for".. (An 18' they had on order, I jumped through hoops to get one initially.)

Again, Pain in the ass to read through - but, I still strongly recommend it for anyone just coming to this thread.
Yes these two have provided much help to this venture. In regards to the as built data I believe most of that is good for the auto (720 IPC blocks) but my manual blocks are quite different which is to be expected. I don’t have a copy to post up yet. The SCCM blocks are spot on the same as none of us have adaptive cruise and all have nav I believe.

Strange they wouldn’t let you add your mileage. The tasca ones requested what mileage was needed. Hope you get that worked out easily.

Just checked inventory and even National is out of these.
Nobody really carries these in inventory as they are just too new and must be ordered.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I spent like 2 hours reading through this whole thread earlier after someone sent it to me.

I have a 2016 GT Premium PP Manual 401A w/Nav so similar car to yours I just have 401A.

Eagerly awaiting you posting your as built data for the manual... I don't have the time to invest in finding all the proper setting like I used to do with my Focus Electric.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Our IPC blocks will be more similar but I don’t have blis or even rear sensors so there will be some differences compared to mine and you’ll have to figure those out. My car literally only has PP and Nav and is a manual of course. You’ll really want to find a 18 vin that matches your build the closest to prevent any issues.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Our IPC blocks will be more similar but I don’t have blis or even rear sensors so there will be some differences compared to mine and you’ll have to figure those out. My car literally only has PP and Nav and is a manual of course. You’ll really want to find a 18 vin that matches your build the closest to prevent any issues.
I will definitely do that. I'm not too worried honestly. BLIS hopefully is only needed in the IPC to allow it to turn OFF and show CTA notifications. My guess is it works normally without proper IPC programming. Of course I want to make sure I get it working.

We really need to all put what we have found in as built data together in a spreadsheet for the 2018 stuff. I haven't started yet but I'm sure I'll find some valuable data for people with BLIS/CTA.

I don't think reverse sensors make a difference in the IPC? I think it uses the internal IPC speaker to beep if it can't forward to the car speakers for some reason.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
The reverse sensors do matter in the IPC because I had to code them out. Every time I went in reverse it asked if I wanted sensors on or off in the display and shutting the car off gave an option of all sensors or perimeter sensor activation which worked in conjunction with those reverse sensors. They are no longer in my IPC blocks as I was able to find the as built line and return it to my stock parameters.

There will be many as built options based on the amount of differences in all of our cars but it will be really nice to expose those.

Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Oh interesting. I guess I meant more for me it doesn't matter if they're turned off. Don't really need them anyways...

I thought the perimeter sensors just meant the sensors like the doors/hood/trunk opening. Then "all sensors" adds in the motion sensors for if someone sticks their arm in through the window or if the car is moved while locked (if equipped). I don't think the reverse sensors do anything there. I could be wrong.

I'll probably be asking some questions when I get my parts... Seems like its a while for the SCCM?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I misspoke and I can see how that reads. Your description of the sensors is more accurate.

The SCCM is killing me. Lack of that little thing prevents full function of the cluster and the interlink with the heated steering wheel and HSWM.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was really tempted to do the heated steering wheel but having to buy the expensive airbag is what killed me. . . Maybe I'll do it in the future. I got the SCCM for heated steering wheel so at least I can upgrade.

Do you actually need the new harness or did you figure out how to hack it?

Also. Does Sync 3 need to be on version 3.0 for this to work or is 2.3 or whatever the previous was acceptable?

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yes the air bag was a bummer to find out about but I’m pot committed and all in on this project. That is on its way and will be here soon enough.

No on the new harness as it is the entire dash harness. It was nice to look at for the time I had it to trace wires to where they went and whatever else I wanted to look at but that has been sent back for refund.

I made my harness and it is waiting for the damn SCCM and I was able to contact forscan to get another build to add the HSWM in the as built data. I don’t want to post that until I know it works but I did pass it on to p6cl to try as he is complete in hardware and I’m waiting for his attempt with it.

This is the harness that I made and it’s ready to be plugged in to all sources but again, waiting on that damn SCCM.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thats great. I see you bought all the pigtails from ford and soldered them together. I wonder how sensitive the CAN is to noise entering from soldered connections or unshielded connections. I'm not too worried about MS CAN though.
Sponsored