DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Awesome! Glad you're up and running! Did you put anything behind the cluster ? I used a piece of dynamat..

Pretty sweet once you get the buttons all done and scroll through the menus! Pretty damn cool..

I haven't gotten to my pc to post pics, but here's a shot on my IG. https://instagram.com/p/BeKP_VPjeOw/
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Awesome! Glad you're up and running! Did you put anything behind the cluster ? I used a piece of dynamat..

Pretty sweet once you get the buttons all done and scroll through the menus! Pretty damn cool..

I haven't gotten to my pc to post pics, but here's a shot on my IG. https://instagram.com/p/BeKP_VPjeOw/
I did add some padding on the right side only as that was the only spot it was making contact. I do have some pics of that as well. The cluster is nicely secured with the screws and housing.

Don’t tease me about the buttons....I’m enjoying what I can do now but I know that will be awesome when I can.

I have definitely seen your IG updates on the dash.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Damn it guys.... I really do not need to buy this cluster right now.... But you guys are not making that easy! :lol::cheers:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have a part number for the automatic trans SCCM? Been browsing the new ford parts website but can not seem to find any housing assemblies that have descriptions for an automatic.... The link I gave a few posts ago no longer works either..

Sponsored

msegers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So i have sit here for the last hour reading through and could not find answers to my questions or i just missed them sorry..

I have a 2017 PP GT Base Car.

I do see that i will need a manual cluster.

But can this be done with out Sync 3? I do understand that will not nav. But will i still be able swap the gauge display Sport, Drag, etc.....

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So i have sit here for the last hour reading through and could not find answers to my questions or i just missed them sorry..

I have a 2017 PP GT Base Car.

I do see that i will need a manual cluster.

But can this be done with out Sync 3? I do understand that will not nav. But will i still be able swap the gauge display Sport, Drag, etc.....
No one really knows until someone tries it.... With that said, the cluster should function as normal and you should still be able to switch cluster modes through the mymode function. You likely will not have the actual drive modes though.

msegers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
No one really knows until someone tries it.... With that said, the cluster should function as normal and you should still be able to switch cluster modes through the mymode function. You likely will not have the actual drive modes though.
I am fine with no drive modes. I just want the cluster to function like it should..
Now with that being said i do wonder if you could install the active exhaust since you can buy for around 400 bucks. i can build the factory harness just have to find out where to install?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I am fine with no drive modes. I just want the cluster to function like it should..
Now with that being said i do wonder if you could install the active exhaust since you can buy for around 400 bucks. i can build the factory harness just have to find out where to install?
Active exhaust is most likely a no go on 15-17 gen cars. The 2018 active exhaust ties into the PCM and BCM. Because of that our 15-17 modules do not have the capability of supporting it.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Waiting for someone with a 15, I'm super tempted on doing it bit don't have time to spend doing all test stuff

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Anyone have a part number for the automatic trans SCCM? Been browsing the new ford parts website but can not seem to find any housing assemblies that have descriptions for an automatic.... The link I gave a few posts ago no longer works either..
Zack, the part for the column housing that includes the SCCM is JR3Z-3F791-HA.

This part includes the heated function but it’s not necessary that you use it if you don’t want to and this part cross references for autos and manuals.

Did that help?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Zack, the part for the column housing that includes the SCCM is JR3Z-3F791-HA.

This part includes the heated function but it’s not necessary that you use it if you don’t want to and this part cross references for autos and manuals.

Did that help?
That is what I needed! Thanks

Was not sure if the same SCCM can be used for both a manual and an automatic.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
A couple of questions for manual PP 16+ owners who've made the switch:

1. Did you get the high beam indicator to work
2. Does the gear you're in show inside the tacho circle?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Great job for all who have successfully completed the swap!!

So no one has asked yet in this thread - for a 2018 owner, what is total cost savings buying and doing the swap instead of paying for the factory “option” through Ford?

VADEi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got my Steering Wheel today and it is the heated version, however it is the one with Adaptive Cruise. I should be able to just switch the switch on that side. Here was the part number I ordered for Automatic with adaptive cruise part would be:

JR3Z-3600-MA JR3Z-3600-LA - Would be without adaptive cruise - automatic - paddle shifters

Wheel Assembly - Steering

$281.96

$281.96
this is for an auto without the adaptive cruise?
Sponsored