Sponsored

2018 gauge cluster retrofit

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium
Yeah but it starts to be expensive IMO..
Moreover, we need an european Sync3 for navigation, thus a bit more rare than an US one.
sync 3 has carplay and android auto tho... just use that for free navigation
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You're right, I also mean the entire Sync3 system that should be 'compatible' with our country (language for speech recognition mainly, then radio frequency, DAB and so on).

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Upgrading from Sync 2 to Sync 3 may not require you to change the head unit in your car at all if it suits your needs. On this Forum, here’s a great resource:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82973

The Sync “APIM” module is a flat box that is screwed on the back of the display screen. The head unit, or “ACM” module, looks like a double-DIN box with four screws that secure it from the front - once you remove your bezel. Many US folks just leave their head unit alone when upgrading from Sync 2 to Sync 3, so perhaps your DAB box “ACM” could also be left in place as you source an EU-spec APIM?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Upgrading from Sync 2 to Sync 3 may not require you to change the head unit in your car at all if it suits your needs. On this Forum, here’s a great resource:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82973

The Sync “APIM” module is a flat box that is screwed on the back of the display screen. The head unit, or “ACM” module, looks like a double-DIN box with four screws that secure it from the front - once you remove your bezel. Many US folks just leave their head unit alone when upgrading from Sync 2 to Sync 3, so perhaps your DAB box “ACM” could also be left in place as you source an EU-spec APIM?
Ummmmmm. That thread states you need to replace the APIM and screen.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
Ummmmmm. That thread states you need to replace the APIM and screen.
Correct, and he would need to do that as well, using an APIM set up for a European car. Plan to use Forscan in order to complete set up as in an EU car.

My point was that he would likely NOT need to replace the ACM head unit - a diiferent part altogether. Best to let our EU folks chime in who have made the swap, Here in KY USA, I was able to stay US-spec.

Sponsored

lbroskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Meh, Have an auto cluster already... Not concerned about a chime/alert. Car is extremely modified at this point. I'd be lucky to even get a chime/alert.. LOL

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
HUGE UPDATE. All is working now. I replaced the Module in the steering wheel which came with the clockspring and SCCM Module built in and then programmed it with a great great program called Forscan and viola, all is working in the cluster and all buttons are working as they should and I will upload a video. Very excited. Still waiting on heated steering wheel to come in as well, but very big news that the wiring did NOT need to be changed in the steering wheel for those that do not want to change anything with that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
HUGE UPDATE. All is working now. I replaced the Module in the steering wheel which came with the clockspring and SCCM Module built in and then programmed it with a great great program called Forscan and viola, all is working in the cluster and all buttons are working as they should and I will upload a video soon. Very excited. Still waiting on heated steering wheel to come in as well, but very big news that the wiring did NOT need to be changed in the steering wheel for those that do not want to change anything with that.
Ayyyyeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Just this guy ? - http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2018&make=Ford&model=Mustang

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding of the recall was if you turn the car off before putting the car into park sometimes it will not register and then the car could move or roll and the LCD Cluster would be off.

Last edited:

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The RPM number isn't showing? Can you turn that on/off?

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
[MENTION=32917]p6cl[/MENTION] WOW THANK YOU!

Would you mind making a video showing the different modes?
Also, do you think this mod could be done on a base car that does not have the big Sync screen? Or would it be necessary to upgrade Sync first?
Sponsored