2018 A10 w/o Drag mode

OP
OP

Spiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I have a A10 Base Car no drag mode. I can tell tuning it is different. Drag mode deletes a lot of the torque codes to do a full rpm shift. I just finished our Base 18 tuning!

Hit me up with questions.

Curtis
So can you replicate drag mode with a tune?

OP
OP

Spiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
My car is a base model with A10 and 3.15 rear and 305 Nittos out back. No engine mods other than a drop in K&N. Suspension wise, I have a Steeda stop the hop kit. No drag mode on mine. I've run it at Royal Purple Raceway. My best time so far is a 12.255 at 116 mph.

I made 4 runs each time increasing my rpms at launch. I later read that launching around 2K is best with the A10. I was trying 3k plus. The car hooked up all night so traction was not an issue.

I'm going to go again this Friday and try launching at 1,500 and 2k to see if that improves my results.

I say this to tell you I will have a tune in the coming months and like you, I am curious if a tune can replicated or even perform better than the factory drag mode. I know it won't be a apples to apples because of all of the different variables a tune adjust for, but I will see if the car is faster in the 1/4 mile which obliviously it should be. E85 is what I plan on doing.

I guess in the end not really a practical comparison at all. Someone with drag mode needs to make a few runs with out the assistance of drag mode then some with. That should tell the tell of how well drag mode helps.
How long did you wait to take it to the track? I've got almost 1500 miles on it, but its been at the dealership since last Thursday getting a couple paint defects repainted.

Are your mods carry overs from your GT350? Was the automatic the reason you got the '18?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I had about 1,000 miles when I took it to the strip.

I did zero mods to the GT350 so no carry over mods. Part of the reason I made the change was due in part to the A10.

I can tell you when I took the GT350 to the same strip, the wheel hop was horrible. I mean like the rear end was going to break apart. A big reason I got the Steeda stop the hop kit for the 18. With the kit, zero hop. The car hooked up all night.

My best time in the GT350 was a 12.5 ish. I don't recall the exact time but I remember it was around 12.5 so the 18 is faster.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
All I have tried in mine is 0-60 on the in car track app. I only get 1/10th better in drag mode over sport plus. That’s comparing the best of both modes. Usually it’s the same time. I do have 38lbs of air in the back tires so the computer is likely dialing everything back a tad due to traction issues.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have the base model as well with no drive modes. I had Lund send me tunes for 93, flex, and a race tune. The race tune is basically an improved drag mode style tune. I can run the normal flex tune on the street and then switch to the e85 only race tune for the track. I actually like the race tune so much I have been running it on the street with no issues. You do have to be careful when the tires are cold due to how aggressive the shifts are, even in 3rd and 4th gears. You will lose nothing to the drag mode equipped cars with a race tune from Lund. It only takes 10 mins to switch tunes.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I wont even drive my car in normal mode, it is a boring drive. I usually make it about 5 minutes from house and realize the car seems sluggish and realize i need to switch modes. I mostly drive in sport +.

I cant wait to get a radial and get to the strip

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have the base model as well with no drive modes. I had Lund send me tunes for 93, flex, and a race tune. The race tune is basically an improved drag mode style tune. I can run the normal flex tune on the street and then switch to the e85 only race tune for the track. I actually like the race tune so much I have been running it on the street with no issues. You do have to be careful when the tires are cold due to how aggressive the shifts are, even in 3rd and 4th gears. You will lose nothing to the drag mode equipped cars with a race tune from Lund. It only takes 10 mins to switch tunes.
Good to know. I am going to get a flex, e85, and a e85 race tune. That is my plan anyway.

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
best time 12.1 @116 on DR base with 3.55 a10, had guys at the track same day stock 19s stock car drag mode 12.0 at 118

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ya drag hits pretty hard in the rear. I've had it chirp 2nd, 3rd and 4th when it shifts. This video was a very quick stop and go. It was around 92 degrees outside, stock PP tires with 34psi rear, 36psi front. When it shifts into 4th you can see TC kick on. I tried once on the road with out TC and it just leave 15 foot of marks and then it will kick the rear out a little on each shift. It's a fun mode to drive in. Even cruising in it is fun. It reminds me of a converter car with how it shifts.

Sponsored

ArmaKeoN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 A10 300A
Could you get the drag mode (as well as all the others) by installing the digital cluster?

I imagine this would be the same as getting a 301a (minus any other feature difference between the 300A and 301A), or am I mistaken?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I've been wondering why I could not find Drag Mode on my 19GT PP1. I can't believe Ford didn't install it! The "burn out" app is there, but not the Drag Mode.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I've been wondering why I could not find Drag Mode on my 19GT PP1. I can't believe Ford didn't install it! The "burn out" app is there, but not the Drag Mode.
Only for the automatic transmission. You need to do power shifting by yourself with the stick

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Only for the automatic transmission. You need to do power shifting by yourself with the stick
Uh, I think he has a 10R80
Sponsored