2017 Mustang Order Guide

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
When does 2017 production start? I saw a 2017 on line ordered and waiting for a delivery.
Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
And yet for the export RHD markets (UK, Australia, ...) all the cars have (almost all) of the performance & premium packages as standard for both auto & manual. We can't option it on or off...
SMH.

Simply unbelievable...

sempergumby24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
N/a
2017 Mustang GT Premium

I am currently in the process of putting an order in for a 2017 Mustang GT Premium.

Here is what I am putting in for my build:

Mag gray ext.
Premium trim Redline
GT PP
GPS
Reverse sensor

I was thinking about the Grabber Blue or Lightning Blue but I am aiming to get the Redline interior trim, I feel like those colors would clash.

GPS I might as well throw in even though I could use my phone but having an 8in screen is a whole lot better. I also heard it is an arm/leg to even think about getting it installed after the fact by a dealership.

Someone told me they really liked having the reverse senor as well. I don't really need the Adaptive CC because it's a 6spd.

Any input or advice would be appreciated!

Just because I can... :headbonk:

ngiardina

deez nuts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT - Roushcharged
I am currently in the process of putting an order in for a 2017 Mustang GT Premium.

Here is what I am putting in for my build:

Mag gray ext.
Premium trim Redline
GT PP
GPS
Reverse sensor

I was thinking about the Grabber Blue or Lightning Blue but I am aiming to get the Redline interior trim, I feel like those colors would clash.

GPS I might as well throw in even though I could use my phone but having an 8in screen is a whole lot better. I also heard it is an arm/leg to even think about getting it installed after the fact by a dealership.

Someone told me they really liked having the reverse senor as well. I don't really need the Adaptive CC because it's a 6spd.

Any input or advice would be appreciated!

Just because I can... :headbonk:
The 8" screen is included on all premium cars. It is part of Sync 3. Navigation add-on is just software, IIRC.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
The 8" screen is included on all premium cars. It is part of Sync 3. Navigation add-on is just software, IIRC.
I don't believe Nav is just a software update and can't just be added, I would definitely check with Deysha [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] on this.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Maybe I misspoke. I don't know that it can be added later, but I do know that you don't have to include nav in order to get the 8" screen.
I think he was referring to 8" screen for Nav vs using cell phone and not adding Nav to get the 8" screen.

kimspony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
On the voice navigation system, does it expire after 5 years. I am confused. After 5 years do you just lose the Sirius Traffic and Travel link but keep a navigation system or do you lose it all unless you start a new subscription. I'm trying to decide if $795 is worth 5 years?

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
On the voice navigation system, does it expire after 5 years. I am confused. After 5 years do you just lose the Sirius Traffic and Travel link but keep a navigation system or do you lose it all unless you start a new subscription. I'm trying to decide if $795 is worth 5 years?
It doesn't expire but the maps don't update (even during those first 5 years). So if there's any construction in your area you'll want to consider the $150 map update. Which I personally think is highway robbery since a $100 Garmin comes with free updates, so for $795 there should be an update or 2 rolled into that price.

Sponsored

BG2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CHRYSLER 200
Sorry, but I'm new to car ordering. Would I be able to order the 20" Performance Package wheels/tires on a GT Premium without getting the rest of the package? i.e. I want an automatic trans and Performance package is not offered on automatic. Also, I want the Black Accent package which makes me revert back to the black accent package wheels which I don't want.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sorry, but I'm new to car ordering. Would I be able to order the 20" Performance Package wheels/tires on a GT Premium without getting the rest of the package? i.e. I want an automatic trans and Performance package is not offered on automatic. Also, I want the Black Accent package which makes me revert back to the black accent package wheels which I don't want.
The Performance Package wheels for the GT are 19 inches and come in silver or black.

You can't get the wheels directly from the factory without the Performance Package but lots of buyers replace their Performance Package wheels, some on day one. You can find them in the classifieds, almost all the time. Hopefully close to you.

Dealers sometimes put Mustangs on the floor with aftermarket wheels. So its possible they have a set of Performance Package take-offs laying around and you can squeeze them to do a a straight swap or very low cost for the ones that come on your Mustang.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Not sure if I missed it, but when do the order banks close for the 2017's? Month and day would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! :)

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
probably in may is the guess no one really knows
Sponsored