Sponsored

2017 GT350R - what's good out the door a good deal?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What is considered a good deal on a 2017 GT350R? I was offered $80k out the door and I'm certainly considering it. The mark ups I've seen from dealers range anywhere from 10-30k on top of sticker. Usually they are listed at $89k and up. What do you guys think? Do you know anybody who's bought one and how much they paid for it?

I'm new to the forum, so any help would be super appreciated!!! Thanks so much guys.[/QUOTE

What is the MSRP price on the window sticker?

Initially the price sounds like a pretty good deal.

Is this a base 920A R model or is it an Electronics Package car?

Also what other options are on the car such as paint, painted roof, OTT stripes, car cover etc.

:shrug:
Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
sorry, but I call BS for $5k over in SOCAL. your sales rep made a mistake.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
What is considered a good deal on a 2017 GT350R? I was offered $80k out the door and I'm certainly considering it. The mark ups I've seen from dealers range anywhere from 10-30k on top of sticker. Usually they are listed at $89k and up. What do you guys think? Do you know anybody who's bought one and how much they paid for it?

I'm new to the forum, so any help would be super appreciated!!! Thanks so much guys.[/QUOTE

What is the MSRP price on the window sticker?

Initially the price sounds like a pretty good deal.

Is this a base 920A R model or is it an Electronics Package car?

Also what other options are on the car such as paint, painted roof, OTT stripes, car cover etc.

:shrug:
Does have the electronics package, yeah. OTT Stripe too.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Hmm the sticker has gone up a slightly since I looked at the 2016. Oh well, it is a good deal, however if you are hesitant about paying that much money and you will not track the car, then just buy the GT350 unless you are buying for a hope on a falling star that you can make big money on it down the road selling it, lol.
I doubt big money and even any appreciation is unlikely - but the R will not depreciate at the same rate as a nonR.

Sponsored

Gloff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 XLT Sport
I doubt big money and even any appreciation is unlikely - but the R will not depreciate at the same rate as a nonR.
Agreed, The R is working in reverse of a rebate. Because the R markups haven't moved much, it holds up the resale. That and the higher initial price.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

I'm new to the forum, so any help would be super appreciated!!! Thanks so much guys.
Buy it or someone else will... soon.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Seems like a very reasonable deal, at this stage I'd jump on it if I were you if you're in a position to do so.

Sponsored

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
Its just me but I would never encourage poor dealership conduct by paying a ADM. If I had to have one, would buy pre owned for less than MSRP. Im getting a 2018 GT350 for $2500 under MSRP.....yes, not a "R" I know.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Its just me but I would never encourage poor dealership conduct by paying a ADM. If I had to have one, would buy pre owned for less than MSRP. Im getting a 2018 GT350 for $2500 under MSRP.....yes, not a "R" I know.
The R is a different animal in the market. IF you can find a used R at sticker, that's a pretty good price. It is what it is. Very very few of us R owners were able to acquire at sticker. I probably know less than 5 forum members lucky enough to have gotten a non ADM R on this forum.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If you want an R, you are going to pay an ADM right now unless you are extremely lucky. God knows I tried for a long time to find that MSRP deal, and it was a frustrating search to say the least.

I was put into contact with a few dealers that sold R's at MSRP early on, and every single one of them said that they would not sell one at MSRP ever again. What I got out of those conversations was they just didn't know any better at first, but now that they've seen the market and re-sale on the cars, you're going to pay an ADM because the dealers don't want to leave cash on the table.

I know a few guys on here did get MSRP, and good for you. Some are even buying multiple cars because they are getting MSRP and know they can make money off of them. I even know a dealer that I talked to that mentioned a car they sold to a customer where the guy sold it 4 months later for a big markup (I think it was around $10K), and that dealer was not happy they had sold the car so cheap to the guy! They felt the guy was dishonest with them only because he wanted to flip the car when he acted like he was going to keep the car for life. On top of that, the guy was a friend of one of the sales managers at the dealership. I could tell they were very bitter about it. Sure it's on the dealership for selling it so cheap, but hey, now they will never do it again.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dealer is making good money (comparatively speaking v other new car deals) on a GT350/R at MSRP. However, the market is what it is. ADM does not exist because dealers are dishonest or greedy, ADM exists because buyers are willing to pay it......free market economics on display.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So did you get an R or just get disappointed?
Sponsored