Sponsored

2017 GT350/R "Sold Out;" Ford Performance Vehicle Sales Surpass 200,000 Globally

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
16FocusRS_01_HR.jpg

THRILL-SEEKING DRIVERS AROUND THE WORLD TURNING TO FORD IN RECORD NUMBERS; PERFORMANCE CAR SALES TO SURPASS 200,000 IN 2016
  • Ford’s lineup of performance cars – including Mustang, Focus RS, Focus ST and Fiesta ST – has caught the eye of younger and more affluent buyers across the globe
  • This year Ford will sell more than 200,000 performance cars globally, nearly double the volume from just three years ago
  • Ford Performance will have 12 all-new models by end of the decade, as promised, including two to be delivered later this year: F-150 Raptor and Ford GT

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 26, 2016 – Younger, more affluent car buyers are choosing Ford for its growing lineup of performance vehicles – particularly cars – that get them where they need to go with added thrill. Performance car customers view driving as an absolute emotional, positive experience and relish getting into a car to test their capability on great roads.

This year Ford will sell more than 200,000 performance cars globally, including Mustang, Focus RS, and Focus ST and Fiesta ST – nearly double the volume from just three years ago.

Demand for the Shelby GT350 and 350R Mustang is so high, those models are sold out for the 2017 model year. Focus RS, recently introduced for the first time globally, has sold out in every region around the world. Sales of Mustang, the world’s best-selling sports coupe in 2015, continue to grow in Europe and Asia Pacific after limited availability last year.

As consumer demand for performance cars grows, the Ford Performance brand is also expanding its vehicle portfolio. The all-new F-150 Raptor arrives in the U.S. during the fourth quarter. It then heads to China for the first time, too. And more than 6,500 consumers applied to own the first 500 Ford GT cars, which begin arriving late in the year.

“Ford’s commitment to performance leadership continues, with Ford on track to deliver 12 new performance vehicles promised by the end of the decade,” said Dave Pericak, Global Director, Ford Performance.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...round-the-world-turning-to-ford-in-recor.html
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't know if its 12 new performance cars from now, I believe that statement was from 2 years ago. Hey, I wouldn't be complaining tho if Ford releases 12 more starting today. That would be cracking out some serious goods!

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
one could say the text implies it

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Hmm really thats odd there are 557 GT350s on autotrader.

bullshit articles are bullshit.. Oh look Tank ate it up..
Since dealers need to order the gt350 to get, there considered sold. The same thing happened with the z28 when they said they were all sold, but dealers had them on the floor.:crazy:

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'd love to see survey results on what purchasers of these cars think about the Ford brand after being put through the mill with the GT350 and the RS. Probably not as shiny as this press release would have you believe.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I'm not buying it. How long has the 17 been out, 3 months?

That said, there are 6 in stock within 150 miles from me on the east coast. Another 20 "inbound" I really expected more.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I hope Ford doesnt follow the footsteps of other manufacturers who were in the same spot and ended up flooding the market with more cars, variations, etc and caused their brands to dillute.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm not buying it. How long has the 17 been out, 3 months?

That said, there are 6 in stock within 150 miles from me on the east coast. Another 20 "inbound" I really expected more.
When they say sold out, they mean they have the entire allocations of 2017 spoken for. That doesnt mean they have sold these cars to customers. It just means dealers will be getting a ton of cars.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think the GT500 will divert some of the attention and sales away from the GT350. I think with all they did to the GT350, there are some high expectations for the 500.
Sponsored