Sponsored

2016 Stock Exhaust Failed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2008 Mercury Sable, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 V6 with 26k miles. Daily driver. Exhaust corroded through just behind the first box. Has anyone else had this kind of corrosion? I thought these were all stainless steel? It is being covered under warranty so no chance for me to sneak an upgrade, lol.
IMG_5184.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it is a common occurrence, but based on you being in Chicago I would say to make sure you do a proper rinse down of your entire undercarriage a few times a year to get rid of all the accumulated salt from winter.

OP
OP
MagneticDropTop615
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2008 Mercury Sable, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it is a common occurrence, but based on you being in Chicago I would say to make sure you do a proper rinse down of your entire undercarriage a few times a year to get rid of all the accumulated salt from winter.
Good advice-the salt around here is insane.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
That's a factory defect bring it to the dealer it. It is stainless most likely 409. Or get a louder cat back............

OP
OP
MagneticDropTop615
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a factory defect bring it to the dealer it. It is stainless most likely 409. Or get a louder cat back............
Dealer looked at it and agrees it is a defect and covered under warranty. He is replacing from the Cat back-with stock unfortunately, lol. He has to order the parts from the plant and it will take 4 to 5 more days so I am stuck driving my 08 Sable-just a little different than the Mustang!
IMG_5184.jpg

Sponsored

Ramn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6, 2007 Ninja ZX-6R
Dealer looked at it and agrees it is a defect and covered under warranty. He is replacing from the Cat back-with stock unfortunately, lol. He has to order the parts from the plant and it will take 4 to 5 more days so I am stuck driving my 08 Sable-just a little different than the Mustang!
Wow, I have never an exhaust get that bad and I'm from New England.

OP
OP
MagneticDropTop615
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a rattle near the resonator so i drove to the dealer and told them the problem, after looking it, they ordered a new catalytic converter even if the problem was mid-rear of the car. 1 week later it broked exactly at the same place of your car. They basicaly just ordered a new resonator and put clamps with the olds mufflers even if the stock one is a 1 piece from the resonator tonthe mufflers. I was not ok with that bs repair a weld would been better even if it will lightly rust on the surface over time. I ended buying a stock gt catback and throw their cheap work at the garbage.
IMG_20160828_162215.jpg
That Sux! Hate it when they do half ass repairs and you have to go back again and again-as if we all have time from work without any problems. It would be nice if the dealers were all just professionals right from the start.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Went to Chicago in the winter for 5 days. Came back and EVERYTHING that could under my car was rusted. Ridiculous.
Sponsored