OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
My car has been good for its first year and only been to the dealer for the first freebie oil change. The only problems have been owner issues ;o)

Speaking of that...good thing I picked up this jump starter the other day. I hadn't driven the car for a week but have been in and out of it cleaning and checking it over. That must have been enough to drain my teeny lithium battery but this lithium jumper cranked it right over. Good to know with the big road trip coming up.

Sponsored

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
Good luck to everyone that's going to nationals this year!

I've been competing in F-Street locally and am thinking about giving nationals a try next year (but my driving still needs some work).

I'm also very interested to see how the mustangs fare against the 2016 camaros this year.

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
Good luck to everyone headed to nationals. Maybe I will make it out next year.

Bruhop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro 1LE
Mark Scroggs did pretty good in an EcoBoost Mustang for the Prosolo. With a drag strip start he is giving up a good amount of HP to the others and still finished 4th. Pretty impressive!

Good luck to everyone that's going to nationals this year!

I've been competing in F-Street locally and am thinking about giving nationals a try next year (but my driving still needs some work).

I'm also very interested to see how the mustangs fare against the 2016 camaros this year.

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It was nice to meet some of you this week.

Simmons

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good to meet you, Simmons good luck today! A bunch of us run today and tomorrow. FS heat 3, ESP/STP in heat 5.

Nice truck btw. If really like to replace my '05 F150 with one of the new ones but don't want another car payment. Grrr.

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had to erase my memory card because I was full.......... So I don't have my video from the pro final.

Simmons

dontlifttoshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Steve, nice job in STP! I see you picked up a co driver, is BoardKat's car busted?

Anyone know if Cormier's car on 305s in FS?

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks! Feels nice but still have to perform tomorrow. Yes, Boardkat's car broke so offered up my car. So let's go Oregon and get a 1-2 finish tomorrow :)

I believe yeah, the 15 Camaro is on the new 305s. There's a few folks running them this week.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Is that regular '15 SS ? Or 1/LE ? I saw Gen 5 1/LE on 305s in the past.
The leading Camaro is a 1LE on 305s. The second place, so far, is a 16 on 275s.

dontlifttoshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I should have specified, 305 RE71s?

All the mustang guys scared everyone else away from STP apparently. Go Oregon, get it done today.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
Steve, nice job in STP! I see you picked up a co driver, is BoardKat's car busted?

Anyone know if Cormier's car on 305s in FS?
Boardkat had a sudden loss of oil pressure at about 3000 RPM on the way from the Hotel to the event on day 1. I think his oil pump let go since he said the noise wasn't in the valvetrain. It sucks ass, but I'm glad he was able to catch a ride and still make an event out of it!

FWIW, the Feeney Camaro was on 285's all the way around... the Yellow 1LE was on 305's. 99.99% sure there was only one car not on RE71R's in FS... that was David Lehrschall's 2015 Mustang. I could have swore he was on the stock Pirelli's but the results say Michelin.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I did. I finished above the mid point (18th of 39) and I beat my co-driver which is a rare event. Day 1 was a lot of fun and I felt like there was still plenty of time on the East Course for me to find. I'll be curious to see some other's data. I know my fastest run (Run #1) I just barely clipped the first inside cone on the far east wall at the "bus stops". Justin said it wobbled then barely fell over. Would have only bumped me ahead of an M3... Day 2 I put in a super conservative first run that was clean. Run #2 was going like a bat out of hell, got into the last corner complex at the entrance to the last corner and the car spun. I had the car right on the edge of the rear tires coming out of the previous tight section and it felt AMAZING. Started unwinding the steering wheel and adding in throttle and the car went around on me unexpectedly. Managed to put a good third run in anyway.

Justin is unhappy with how he did. Normally he beats me by about three quarters of a second. In the land of could have, should have, would have, that'd put him into the bottom of the trophies. Both of us have a lot of work to do to get the confidence we need in the car for those types of courses.

Car felt great with the front bar. Didn't find a single part of those courses where I felt like the bar was holding back the speed we could obtain. Any push we had, we both felt like it was because we overcooked the corner and the car was very easy to dance on the rear tires coming out of the corners. The car just felt amazing all week. I think she knew it was game time and did her best! :)

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Holy cow the thunderstorms right as we were poised to start our runs!

Whelp, I didn't have as good a tire for the rain as Chris did so I got spanked today. It is cool as he'll to get a trophy though, especially in a Mustang. And to fight and dig and persevere through the horrible weather to do it feels really really good.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
Holy cow the thunderstorms right as we were poised to start our runs!

Whelp, I didn't have as good a tire for the rain as Chris did so I got spanked today. It is cool as he'll to get a trophy though, especially in a Mustang. And to fight and dig and persevere through the horrible weather to do it feels really really good.
Steve, your car looked great out there on course. When I get done working this parade, I've got some photos from the Day 1 West Course of Board driving and I think you too. I'll have to look to see if any of them turned out! ;)
Sponsored