Sponsored

2016 mustang turning on randomly??

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
When sitting in the garage I randomly hear what sounds like some sort of click and then what sounds like my fuel pump priming sometimes when I go in my garage. What could cause this? Is this normal?
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Perfectly normal. That's the EVAP system doing its thing. If it's like solenoid clicking, probably the purge valve. But it's also normal to hear electronic noises, and crap like that. Get used to it :D.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Perfectly normal. That's the EVAP system doing its thing. If it's like solenoid clicking, probably the purge valve. But it's also normal to hear electronic noises, and crap like that. Get used to it :D.
O. Even when it hasn't been driven in days and is just sitting there? It's definitely the exact same noise as the fuel pump priming when u push in the clutch

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
6fd435464cd25eb0f6dc65e78d70e404.jpg

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Or maybe The Car..........

car_1977_01.jpg

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
How old is the battery?

These cars do some pretty unpredictable things when the battery gets old.
Aa old as the car. Got it brand new in 2016. And I have charged the battery on trickle charger so it should be in good shape and charged

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Even when it hasn't been driven in days and is just sitting there? It's definitely the exact same noise as the fuel pump priming when u push in the clutch
Don't know the normal 'schedule' for those noises to happen, but if it was more than once after a few days of sitting, I wouldn't think it's normal.

As far as the battery, it's pretty marginal on these cars to begin with, so at 4+ years of age, I'd replace it now, since it could be the source of your unexplained issues indeed.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
When sitting in the garage I randomly hear what sounds like some sort of click and then what sounds like my fuel pump priming sometimes when I go in my garage. What could cause this? Is this normal?
I’m going to assume that your key fob is in your pocket or nearby (hanging on a hook in the garage, on a workbench, etc) when this happens. I believe that this is a preliminary sequence of events in order for you to enter the car, press the Start button, and have an immediate start without having to wait a few seconds. My Volvo XC90 does the same thing when the key fob is nearby. In fact, XC90 owners have had to stop storing their fobs in their garages to prevent this from happening.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
It happens when the fob is close and or the door handle is touched or opened Or the door is unlocked..

..this is way out there...just something no one else mentioned there are sniffers and boosters that allow criminals to capture the communication between the fob and car and steal it and boost it....not sure if there is someone cruising your neighborhood grabbing fob communications and trying to locate the car.....

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I’m going to assume that your key fob is in your pocket or nearby (hanging on a hook in the garage, on a workbench, etc) when this happens. I believe that this is a preliminary sequence of events in order for you to enter the car, press the Start button, and have an immediate start without having to wait a few seconds. My Volvo XC90 does the same thing when the key fob is nearby. In fact, XC90 owners have had to stop storing their fobs in their garages to prevent this from happening.
No it is not near, that would make more sense.
Sponsored