Sfixxy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 Mustang GT PP Edition manual and I want to know if this will require additional cooling since it does have the track pack and a larger radiator from the factory
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Require additional cooling for what? The Performance Pack comes with an additional oil cooler and larger radiator for your year, as far as I'm aware.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a 2016 Mustang GT PP Edition manual and I want to know if this will require additional cooling since it does have the track pack and a larger radiator from the factory
Welcome to the forum.

Per the below quotes pulled from the actual 2016 Ford Dealership brochure, the 2016 GT with the Performance Package came with:

GT Performance Package includes unique front air splitter; strut-tower brace; larger radiator; upsized rear sway bar; heavy-duty front springs; unique chassis tuning; K-member brace; BremboTM 6-piston front calipers; 19" x 9" front and 19" x 9.5" rear Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels with 255/40R19 front and 275/40R19 rear summer-only tires2; unique electric power-assisted steering, ABS and electronic stability control tuning; Engine Turn aluminum dash panel; Gauge Pack (oil pressure and vacuum); spoiler delete; and 3.73:1 gear ratio with TORSEN® helical gear differential (n/a with 18" wheels, automatic transmission, Black Accent Package, Interior & Wheel Package, or spare wheel and tire)

TRACK STAR.
While developing the GT Performance Package for Mustang GT, engineers used the previous generation’s Boss® 302 model as their performance benchmark – this race-ready machine is even faster around the track.
Getting it done starts with the underpinnings. The package gives you a strut-tower brace, a K-brace, heavy-duty front springs, an upsized rear sway bar, a larger radiator, a 3.73 TORSEN® rear axle and more.

If you’re seeking additional cooling (you didn’t specify what additional cooling you need - for engine oil, rear diff, trans or coolant), then the aftermarket is plentiful for those types of upgrades.

Air cooled cooler units that resemble a radiator with a core and rows of fins with suitable electric fans is best for trans or engine over the common factory supplied junk coolers.

There are also specific rear differential coolers available as well.

Even the PP radiator could be upgraded to a larger unit.

But remember, just because you upgrade to “bigger and better” units, such as a radiator doesn’t always mean there are benefits. Your upgrades should be associated with the gains you are seeking to get full potential from those upgrades, otherwise it’s just money wasted.

Tell us more as to why you need additional cooling and how the car is being used. It helps readers to understand what someone is seeking for performance gains, than just a generalization and not knowing if the tech being supplied back is helpful or not.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Cooling for what? Driving to the store to get cupcakes or a 12 hour endurance race in Arizona?

The Performance Pack comes with an additional oil cooler and larger radiator for your year, as far as I'm aware.
The larger radiator yes, but no additional oil cooling. All GTs (regardless of PP or not) come with the same water to oil cooler.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Require additional cooling for what? The Performance Pack comes with an additional oil cooler and larger radiator for your year, as far as I'm aware.
Sharing info you're not right on. Why even reply?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sfixxy

Sfixxy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry I forgot to add that I was considering super charging it To 750 horsepower.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sharing info you're not right on. Why even reply?
Sharing how much of a dickhead you are, I see. Why even reply? I'm pretty sure the point of my reply was to ask OP what he meant and what he wanted help with, not to provide factually correct information about a year I don't own to satisfy you. Hence the "As far as I'm aware" at the end, because I wasn't sure.

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You don't need a diff or trans cooler for street driving, even with that power. Hell, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but even the factory PP radiator will be fine, you're in PA (as am I) which isn't an extreme hot climate.

Worry more about whatever intercooler setup you'll be using for your power adder.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

You'll be fine, just get the correct kit, maybe consider an intercooler upgrade (assuming one is available). Most folks, especially with a PP car, running a supercharger for street use don't need additional cooling components.

OP
OP
Sfixxy

Sfixxy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You don't need a diff or trans cooler for street driving, even with that power. Hell, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but even the factory PP radiator will be fine, you're in PA (as am I) which isn't an extreme hot climate.

Worry more about whatever intercooler setup you'll be using for your power adder.
It's the Edlebrock stage 1 Kit with the new dual pass intercooler. 740hp+

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It's the Edlebrock stage 1 Kit with the new dual pass intercooler. 740hp+
You'll be fine, slap it on and have fun.

Where are you at in PA?