Sponsored

2016 lambda sensor failed 1200 miles

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
I burned up both 02 Sensors last night at the dragstrip including the one I had just swapped out! Anybody talk to Stainless Works?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GSLSE20B

GSLSE20B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 SHADOW BLACK GTPP
I burned up both 02 Sensors last night at the dragstrip including the one I had just swapped out! Anybody talk to Stainless Works?
That is crazy , did you test the heater circuit on the sensor ? They may be running the heater coil constantly with an open header and cold gases . Mine was powder inside .

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I did not. Don't know how. They seem to work for a few seconds when I first start the car and then go to 0 AFR on the Ngauge.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Mine have not thrown a code yet but they are on the way out. Erratic readings, stalling, etc. Pypes headers. Only lasted 2 weeks once the headers went on. Cant imagine it being horrible expensive to relocate the bungs on the car. Stepped drill bit and a angle drill... weld in new bungs. Or I'm nuts for not overthinking this lol.

And apparently they are side specific... as they had 2 diff part #s. One was listed a HEGO and the other was not. Ordered them through Tasca Ford for like 44 each plus shipping.

Sponsored

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't had an issue since I relocated mine. Going on a few months and a few track sessions using e85 exclusively.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Looks like one of mine is cooked as well. Got a P2254 leaving a meet last night bank 2 sensor 1 current control circuit open. I believe bank 2 is driver side?

ARH LTs no cats w/ direct connect to corsa extreme. Never had this issue w/ LTs before but seems its common on these cars? Looks like part FR3Z-9F472-C for left and right sensor 1 locations on the manual trans cars. Got 2 from AutoNation Ford White bear for ~41 a pop. Might as well replace both while I got the car up.

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Can these go bad without throwing a code. My bank 2 aft is all over the place in start up and then goes to zero. At least that what the ngauge is showing.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Can these go bad without throwing a code. My bank 2 aft is all over the place in start up and then goes to zero. At least that what the ngauge is showing.
Yes. I've had the AFR go wacky and eventually it died giving me heater circuit code. I would replace both. They are cheap. $80 shipped for both.

Long tubes?

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yes. I've had the AFR go wacky and eventually it died giving me heater circuit code. I would replace both. They are cheap. $80 shipped for both.

Long tubes?
Yea I think I did this to myself though driving through a flooded out street last night smh.... Will I hurt the car driving it till new ones come in?

Sponsored

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Yea I think I did this to myself though driving through a flooded out street last night smh.... Will I hurt the car driving it till new ones come in?
Yeah I burned out 3 on my ARH headers. First time it was bank 2. Second time both died at the same time after making some runs at the strip.

You could drive it but it'll go into open loop and its not able to read the AFR and make adjustments. Stay out of the power if you have to. Get them replaced asap.

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Mine are screwing up but only on driver side..this is my 3rd sensor and I haven't ran e85 yet..wtf...these pos companies shouldn't be selling products that do this

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Its not the sensors,guys with stock manifolds are not burning them up like that.Its the angle the sensor is going into the header,the sensor is sitting in condensation and its even worse with e85.Get the sensors sitting in the right angle and they will last!!!.

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Its not the sensors,guys with stock manifolds are not burning them up like that.Its the angle the sensor is going into the header,the sensor is sitting in condensation and its even worse with e85.Get the sensors sitting in the right angle and they will last!!!.
It's either that or the damn extender... but it's always the same side.. passenger side never had a issue
Sponsored