GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My AC condenser has started to crumble away, it hasn't yet affected the AC performance, so I'm looking to replace it. Is there any benefit to replacing the condenser with an after market one or just stick to a new OEM Ford one ?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The only benefit to replacing with an aftermarket unit may be the fin count and spacing.

If the fins are spaced farther apart, the more spacing will result in better air flow over the condenser core. If the fins are crammed together very close, air flow over the condenser won't be as effective to cooling the core.

Other than that, there isn't any real gains to be had at all when replacing an A/C condenser.

If you're running a grille delete or have upper/lower open style grilles maybe invest in some screening that will prevent the condenser from being pelted excessively with road debris.

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have no experience in replacing condensers or with these brands. The issue with my condenser is the plastic flap along the bottom is tearing away and I read somewhere that it was important to stop the heat from flowing back. So are the after market condensers better quality and also some of these after market condensers don't have the plastic flap.

This was taken a year ago

signal-2023-03-09-130336_002.jpeg
Sponsored