2016 Focus RS?

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Interesting article from R&T:

2016 Ford Focus RS: AWD monster likely to land stateside

They claim to get their info from a couple Ford sources. The auto rags have been going back and forth on the issue of whether it will be FWD or AWD. R&T's source (whoever that is) is saying AWD, but who knows.

Here are some interesting snippets, one of which indirectly relate to the EB Mustang:

Since the 2.3-liter Ecoboost is easily capable of more than its 310 hp output in the Mustang, which was dictated more by fuel economy concerns than anything else, the RS is free to pump out between 325 and 350 hp.
To put the power down, Ford will employ an entirely new AWD system intended for high-output applications.
The new system will employ torque vectoring front and rear to aid handling, and after debuting in the Focus RS it will trickle down to other applications.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Good winter car.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Honestly the only car I'd probably choose to buy over the Mustang, but it won't be here in time so Mustang it is. Even though I'm tired of turbo and it's throttle response. I'm a big Focus fan and have been waiting a long time for an AWD Focus. Owned Mk1 and will forever be a fan :D I will probably own another mk1 eventually as they make good economy cars and whenever i'm ready to build a open wheel racer they make great starter chassis.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
If they can come with 350hp, good weight and torque vectoring AWD I'll probably take the Focus.

It's not sexy like a coupe/vert but a fast hatch/wagon is such a great Swiss army knife of cars.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I will buy one as a DD after the Mustang is paid off. Im on my 3rd Focus. 2011 standard, 2002 SVT, and now a 2012 as my DD.
Sponsored