Sponsored

2016 DIB Mustang with....I need your help!

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
I also have a 2016 DIB on order with Redline, in my opinion the blue and red combo are perfect and to me makes the car look somewhat exotic. I'm planning to paint the calipers red and add a black stripe possibly with red accents. Also black wheels is a must. Take a look at this thread and judge the color combo for yourself.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7898&page=31

Clark Kent's ride when he's tired of flying :)

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Here's a better pic of the wheels on an EU DIB with PP, from mustang6.de

Look totally awesome imho, I will get the same car as you see can see on the pics. The lightning on the convention showrooms make the nickel wheels look strange.
I could do without the chrome window trim though...

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Hey guys, my name is John. I live in Northern California. Just joined this board and been reading so much about these new Mustangs. I'm about to place an order for a new 2016 Mustang Premium with PP--- But there are a few things I'm not sure of- I was hoping maybe you guys can guide can provide some input and make the decision easier for me haha.

1) Interior--- In the beginning, I was dead set on getting a DIB with the redline interior--- but I then started thinking-- would that look funny? Would red interior in a blue car look out of place? Anyone have pictures of this set up? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything-- anyways, I did find some of saddle interior and that didn't look that bad--so now im equally torn between all 3 colors---ebony, redline and saddle =/

2)401A package---worth it? I'm the only person that will be driving this car- so memory features are useless to me. The blis sounds kind of cool, but I will probably still be looking at my blind spot just like if that system wasn't there. The shaker pro-- this would be the only reason why I would get this package- but I'm not completely convinced if the upgraded speakers are worth the $1600. Anyone with this package regret getting it? I'm just not sure how much I would have to spend to get an equal/better sound system if I went with the 9 speaker set up and took it to an audio shop to get a sub/amp/speakers installed.

3)Enhanced security package-- Can anyone that got this $400 option please chime in whether you think it was worth it? I was originally thinking of getting a viper/clifford alarm for it separetely---But if this package is worth it, I might skip getting an aftermarket alarm.

Lastly, up to a few hours ago, I was thinking of getting the new offered performance package wheels in lustre nickel ( thought they might look better than the black ones) but then I somehow came across this european mustang forum and found this picture. Is it me, or do these silver wheels not look as good as the black ones on a blue mustang? Hahah
I would say swap out the PP upgrade with 401A and you're good to go :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm from NorCal too, in the Antioch/Brentwood area. Good luck on the purchase!

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
1) Interior--- In the beginning, I was dead set on getting a DIB with the redline interior--- but I then started thinking-- would that look funny? Would red interior in a blue car look out of place? Anyone have pictures of this set up? I tried looking online but couldn't find anything-- anyways, I did find some of saddle interior and that didn't look that bad--so now im equally torn between all 3 colors---ebony, redline and saddle =/

I too thought of this when I placed my order for my 15, but on May 20th, there was no photos and all speculation so I went with black. It's just a personal preference that you have to live with, not us!

2)401A package---worth it? I'm the only person that will be driving this car- so memory features are useless to me. The blis sounds kind of cool, but I will probably still be looking at my blind spot just like if that system wasn't there. The shaker pro-- this would be the only reason why I would get this package- but I'm not completely convinced if the upgraded speakers are worth the $1600. Anyone with this package regret getting it? I'm just not sure how much I would have to spend to get an equal/better sound system if I went with the 9 speaker set up and took it to an audio shop to get a sub/amp/speakers installed.

I too thought the 401A was a bit much for what you get in return. I was the only driver, don't need loud, thumpin' music ringing my ears anymore. Honestly, I have found that the panoramic mirrors on the corner of the door mirrors is all I need. Once you learn to drive with those, all is good! As far as the sound system goes, I'm completely happy with the 400A package. I get enough bass to live with. But hey, I'm 52 and regret burning out my ear drums back when I was in my 20's. :D

3)Enhanced security package-- Can anyone that got this $400 option please chime in whether you think it was worth it? I was originally thinking of getting a viper/clifford alarm for it separetely---But if this package is worth it, I might skip getting an aftermarket alarm.

Don't leave anything in the car you would miss. Pay for insurance, because if someone wants it, they are going to steal it. They will figure out how to bypass or just do a smash and grab. At that point, any system won't help except a Trunk Monkey.

Lastly, up to a few hours ago, I was thinking of getting the new offered performance package wheels in lustre nickel ( thought they might look better than the black ones) but then I somehow came across this european mustang forum and found this picture. Is it me, or do these silver wheels not look as good as the black ones on a blue mustang? Hahah

I prefer a nickle or bright wheels on cars myself. I'm not a black wheel guy. They just look dirty to me or have the "steel wheel" look back in the days of hub caps.

Sponsored

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
Go with the premium package. The interior is just awesome on mine. The shaker pro jams with my iPod but Sirius is a bit bland sounding no matter what. I have to put my vote in the black wheel column also. Are looking at getting a convertible?

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Here's a better pic of the wheels on an EU DIB with PP, from mustang6.de

Look totally awesome imho, I will get the same car as you see can see on the pics. The lightning on the convention showrooms make the nickel wheels look strange.
Wish I could see the pic...that site appears to be down. The pic in your sig looks to have the silver PP wheels. Do you have more pics?

EDIT: Pics are now working. Oh, that looks good. Any chance you have a pic of the Ruby Red one?

I don't like the look of the silver wheels in the pics the OP posted but I've seen others where they look great IMO. For example:

Last edited:
OP
OP

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Thanks for all the responses! It really helped. I will be getting a premium with 401A, Premier Ebony interior, and skip the security essentials.

OP
OP

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Wish I could see the pic...that site appears to be down. The pic in your sig looks to have the silver PP wheels. Do you have more pics?

EDIT: Pics are now working. Oh, that looks good. Any chance you have a pic of the Ruby Red one?

I don't like the look of the silver wheels in the pics the OP posted but I've seen others where they look great IMO. For example:

Sponsored

Elvis has a Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible 50 Years Edition
Have Fun! It's a great car that's a lot of fun to drive. :cheers: :ford:

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
These wheels look really nice, and a lot nicer than the black ones to me, but I still wouldnt wanna have to clean these... :doh:

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I also have a 2016 DIB on order with Redline, in my opinion the blue and red combo are perfect and to me makes the car look somewhat exotic. I'm planning to paint the calipers red and add a black stripe possibly with red accents. Also black wheels is a must.

Clark Kent's ride when he's tired of flying :)
:)
image.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thanks for all the responses! It really helped. I will be getting a premium with 401A, Premier Ebony interior, and skip the security essentials.
I think those are all smart choices. As for wheel color, well that's personal. Only you can decide what you like. I myself wouldn't wanna be caught dead in a car with those ugly ass black wheels, but a lot of people seem to like them.

:cheers:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Blue was my second choice color. If I got the blue car, I would order it with Ceramic interior, and the nickel wheels. Blue can be a bit dark, and so the light accent colors look really nice against it. Notice that DIB is only color to offer ALL the interior colors - probably because they can all look good inside that car.

Keep in mind that when you get the nickel wheels, you sort of get BOTH silver and black. Because you can always plasti-dip the wheels black (or gray or whatever), and then peel it off if you change your mind. Trying to make black wheels look silver via paint is impossible. Please reconsider the silver wheels!

I am an audio design engineer (that listens mostly to NPR anymore, go figure), so I would never pay for 401a. I could get way better sound on my own for less than half the money. If I upgrade my car audio, then I will post how we can get the best bang for the buck.

Premier Trim is an important option for me. Not at first, but then I discovered that the seats are somehow more comfortable in the shoulder area.

I think enhanced security really suits the convertible best. Not needed for the coupe unless you park in some bad areas.

I also order RPA, because of a bad past experience. Reading just one member's account of it saving him from backing into a skinny pole in the dark was convincing, too.
Sponsored