2015 Trans AM

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
so, what do you guys think of this - new pony competition or a re-badged Camaro?

i see what GM is doing with adding to the "pony Retro" trend that was started by mustang. but looking at the car, it looks exactly like a camaro with a T-Top option.

and, i think it is even a little bit on the overdone side to the point that it is a little bit ugly.

Sponsored

NiddyGriddy

Threads
Reaction score
I actually thought it was pretty cool looking when i first saw it. But I definitely see the camaro in it, all the way up to but excluding the grill.

Squints

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
1320 is right.... these have been out for a few years now. They are an aftermarket aesthetics kit for the Camaro.... nothing special.

Sponsored

Northman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I always liked the trans am better than the Camaro, and overall Pontiac more than Chevrolet, however as everyone has already said that is not a trans am. Pontiac got neutered in the mid two thousands and they finally tried to let them be what they were intended with the G8 G6 lineup but it was too little too late.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I thought they were tacky in the 70's. I still think it's tacky. But, I would be totally excited to see one of them go down the street. I just wouldn't drive one.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Somebody down the street from me has an old Trans Am. Sorry, but I think it's the quintessential cheeseball car.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Somebody down the street from me has an old Trans Am. Sorry, but I think it's the quintessential cheeseball car.
They are, they're like a cartoon version of the 73-81 Camaro lol.

However, I've had some fun with a 76 455SD Firebird and they're pretty fun when you throw in a better cam and mill down the heads to bump up the CR.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Someone at work has a white one. Just doesn't look right. The Camaro body isn't meant to resemble those years. It's just not right in the shape.

As far as the T/A's, I was a kid in the smokey and the bandit days. I would own a nice one of those in a heartbeat (77), but would require some serious drivetrain upgrades. An lsx in one would be cool. Cheeseball greasy mullet car or not. Lol

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
GM has been kicking around the idea of bringing back a trans am for a while, but they never really mention which GM subspecies it would fall under....

As far as I know when Pontiac was still around and all the way back to the 60's the Camaro and Firebird were always on the same platform.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
GM has been kicking around the idea of bringing back a trans am for a while, but they never really mention which GM subspecies it would fall under....

As far as I know when Pontiac was still around and all the way back to the 60's the Camaro and Firebird were always on the same platform.
From 67-2002 the Firebird and Camaro shared the same platform, the F body.

They were the closest from 74-79.

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt