ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Hey all,

Proud new owner of a 2015 Roush Stage 2 car. I think I'm reading that the car comes from the factory with "one way adjustable coilovers" with owners being able to option for something more than that if desired.

Don't think previous owner opted for anything additional. Do these cars come with suspension components or coilovers that can be adjusted? Ride height is high, was hoping I could drop it with whatever Roush has on the car stock versus buying springs. Could use a 0.75 drop, gap is killing me!
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Really hope RS2s have adjustable suspension so I can reduce well gap that's become an eyesore

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Any photos of your car??
The Phase 2 cars come with the single stage adjustable coilovers.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hey all,

Proud new owner of a 2015 Roush Stage 2 car. I think I'm reading that the car comes from the factory with "one way adjustable coilovers" with owners being able to option for something more than that if desired.
I think that normally, coilovers are height-adjustable. The "one way adjustable" refers to the actual damping curves that the shocks and struts are designed to produce. Usually, the one way in one-way adjustables is the rebound damping. Two-way adjustable would add bump(compression) damping. Beyond that gets involved with high vs low speed shock piston velocities (well beyond any realistic street need).

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ride height is high, was hoping I could drop it with whatever Roush has on the car stock versus buying springs. Could use a 0.75 drop, gap is killing me!
What's the current tire size/sizes? As Stage3 mentioned, there's more to this gap thing than suspension ride height.

Actually, the wheels/tires are rather nicely centered in the wheel wells, and lowering too far would destroy that. 3/4" might be a good maximum amount of lowering. Look for screw threads on the bodies of the struts and shocks.

Norm

RS30061

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush RS3 auto
Imma clear this up, Roush one way adjustable refers to ride height.
They have a threaded coil over front strut that you can screw up or down adjust.
The rear spring has an adjustable threaded collar spring perch that you rotate to adjust.
My RS3 is a single and it also came with spanned wrenches that fit the front and rear collars.
ROUSH sets the ride height lower than ford does, but I did lower mine further.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
By tradition, damper adjustabilities refer only to the ability to adjust bump and rebound damping. Coilovers have always had ride height adjustability without having to say so, and a MacStrut is just a unique kind of coilover.

That Roush is trying to stretch the definition of "adjustment ways" to include ride height is something of a marketing con job. I'd have thought that Roush was above that sort of thing.

Norm

Sponsored

RS30061

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush RS3 auto
By tradition, damper adjustabilities refer only to the ability to adjust bump and rebound damping. Coilovers have always had ride height adjustability without having to say so, and a MacStrut is just a unique kind of coilover.

That Roush is trying to stretch the definition of "adjustment ways" to include ride height is something of a marketing con job. I'd have thought that Roush was above that sort of thing.

Norm
I’d agree with that, but I’m pretty sure ROUSH refers to it as 1 way adjustable suspension and 3 way adjustable suspension. They don’t reference shock dampening rates specifically.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I’d agree with that, but I’m pretty sure ROUSH refers to it as 1 way adjustable suspension and 3 way adjustable suspension. They don’t reference shock dampening rates specifically.
That would be some sort of marketing game aimed at the less knowledgeable. Hardly anybody is going to provide damping curves, and those that might tend to be very careful about who they share such information with. But it's usually enough to realize that 'single adjustable' normally refers to 'rebound adjustable' (and sometimes rebound adjustable with bump adjustments tied to the rebound setting), and that 'double adjustable' means separate bump and rebound damping adjustments are present.

"Real" 3-way or triple adjustables gets into high speed vs low speed damper tuning. Strictly high-end stuff.

Norm

RS30061

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush RS3 auto
I hear you and it’s not my fight, but I’m almost 100 that they clearly state ride height is the single adjustment. The spanner wrenches are provided as well.

I was just trying to explain the guys suspension adjustment...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm not picking on you, RS. That's reserved strictly for Roush here, for letting their advertising be somewhat deceptive.

The sad thing is I knew a pretty sharp guy who worked for Roush, I think back in the SN95/New Edge days.

Norm
Sponsored