MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] I am hoping you can help me out as this is probably the better subforum to ask the question.

I pried the sway bar forward, still touches. I ground the bar a little bit and it touched again. I took a bit more off again the other day but I am assuming any more and I weaken the bar and put a hole in it.

Lowering the motor IMHO wont work as it will move the issue to the outer edges of the pulley vs. just the lower point.

In your opinion would a solid or firm motor mount like the MM006/007 solve the issue. I don't want to remove the sway bar but also don't want a broken motor because of a cranks snap due to contact with the bar. As a note, the stock swaybar did not have this issue.

Other post with more details on the issue and the entire history of the problem.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87026&page=2
sway.jpg
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hey man, sorry for falling off the subject. Trying to keep up can be challenging.

Can you post pics of the ends of the sway bar where the end links mount? First I want to verify you have the correct sway bar before going further into troubleshooting.

Also, how much further does that PC pulley configuration stick out (towards the front) more than the stock assembly?

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Hey man, sorry for falling off the subject. Trying to keep up can be challenging.

Can you post pics of the ends of the sway bar where the end links mount? First I want to verify you have the correct sway bar before going further into troubleshooting.

Also, how much further does that PC pulley configuration stick out (towards the front) more than the stock assembly?
I get it, not a problem :)

Here are the pics. the pulley stickes out approx 1 3/8" past the stock pulley tried to grab a pic of it as well.
sway2.jpg
sway1.jpg
pulley.jpg

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Bump [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hmm, maybe they re-did them since the photos available online? When did you buy these? Weird. Looking at this American Muscle video and, yep, they look like your bars (so, yeah, my bad): [ame]

Sorry this is happening. So weird. There's a guy with PC I know with BMR bars and he doesn't have an issue. At least he's never mentioned it.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, maybe they re-did them since the photos available online? When did you buy these? Weird. Looking at this American Muscle video and, yep, they look like your bars (so, yeah, my bad):

Sorry this is happening. So weird. There's a guy with PC I know with BMR bars and he doesn't have an issue. At least he's never mentioned it.
Do you know if it’s a stage 2? On the S2 they add an additional pulley to the main and it adds about 1.5” to the front of the main pulley.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Weird! I'll see if i can get a shot of mine but i'm running the stage 2 with BMR sways and i've got way more clearance. Good half inch to an inch of space between the pulley and the bar.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0