Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium W. drop top
Searching and getting more confused. I need the part # for the puddle lamp, are they different from left to right? I have the yellow blind spot light thing. Couldn't get much help on the Ford parts site.

Any help to point to where I can find the part # is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If you can replace it with an 18/19 puddle lamp, the image is very clear and I believe they are LED now compared to the design of previous years. It should be a plug-n-play.

I don’t know why, but there seems to be variations in the puddle lamps if the vehicle came equipped with the Blind Spot mirrors vs. non-Blind Spot mirrors.

Also to note, yes, they are Right side and Left side specific, per this TSB:

Puddle Lamp Replacement – 2015 Ford Mustang
oemdtc April 17, 2016 Info

2015 Mustang – Puddle Lamp Replacement

Make sure that when replacing the Puddle Lamps on 2015 Mustang the correct parts are used. A parts cataloging error indicated the incorrect part number for the service replacement lamps. While the incorrect parts may fit, the image that is projected will not have the correct orientation.

Cataloging is in the process of being corrected. The correct replacements are FR3Z-13B375-B for left side and FR3Z-13B374-B for the right side.

Part Number Part Description
FR3Z-13B375-B Puddle Lamp – Left Side
FR3Z-13B374-B Puddle Lamp – Right Side

OP
OP
Unleash-The-Beast

Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)
If you can replace it with an 18/19 puddle lamp, the image is very clear and I believe they are LED now compared to the design of previous years. It should be a plug-n-play.

I don’t know why, but there seems to be variations in the puddle lamps if the vehicle came equipped with the Blind Spot mirrors vs. non-Blind Spot mirrors.

Also to note, yes, they are Right side and Left side specific, per this TSB:
Thanks Cobra Jet, that would be great if I could use the updated lamps. I am reading a lot about these lamps being a major problem and built cheaply. I got a new one on the passenger side from a body shop and it went to a giant blob in a matter of a few months. And best I can determine from what I read BLISS changes the orientation of the pony but it still works.Hopefully others will chime in. I spent over an hour searching and reading yesterday and I found some numbers, but was not sure if they are BLISS or standard.

Although, DUH, I should call the dealer and see if they can give me a part number, and maybe they know if I can use the newer lamps.

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
Of course you could always go aftermarket and cheap.....I mean inexpensive. When I had my Eco base Mustang I came across some that attached to the lower door panel and was activated my a magnet when the door was open or closed.
I never did get around to installing them on the Ecoboost, but they do give a great looking projection image of the running pony and three bars in red/white/blue in the back ground. Heck, it was worth the $11.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Unleash-The-Beast

Unleash-The-Beast

Flashback to 1965
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mr. Ed
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for all this information, do you know if the 2018 is a direct plug? It looks like it in what pictures I can find on the internet.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Does this assembly use an LED? I am ordering FR3Z-13B375-C (Drivers side) to replace my original 2015 faded one. I've already had the passenger side replaced, and the image of the pony is not as detailed as the original... I have BLIS does that matter? Thanks

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting both of mine replaced under warranty. Waiting on them, driver side visor and driver window regulator to come in, all covered under warranty.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Any idea what type of "bulb" this assembly uses? Also, where does the image of the pony come from? I don't see it on the plastic cover..

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
bump

Sponsored

gbartolini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Pontiac Trans AM
Why do these puddle lamps suck? I have a 2015 ecoboost and both puddle lamps have failed. Is there a recall on these? Seems like its a definite that they will all fail.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Can you give us some details on where you mounted the puddle lamp to shine on the rear seat delete?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I love that one with the blue pony that would look sick with my Velocity Blue GT. Where did you find these?
Sponsored