Sponsored

2015 Pricing Help!

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There are a lot of websites that can give you guidance on prices for used cars. NADA and KBB may be the most widely used. They can give you a good range for what the 'market' is. But no website or any other source can give you a formula for an exact price for any car.

Any buyer wants to get the best deal possible. The price guides should give you a reasonable range. But, the bottom line is, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There are a lot of used Mustangs out there. But how many are low mileage and with the options you want? There is some reasonable premium for low mileage and nice options, but what that should be is totally up to you.

Take a look at ads on autotrader.com and cars.com and see how many similar cars (mileage and options) are out there to give you an idea for at least what asking prices are, and how many cars like that are out there. I would get a CarFax report on any car before thinking about buying it - there are a lot of cars out there that have been in wrecks, and I personally wouldn't touch one at ANY price. Then it's up to you - how much are you willing to pay for the mileage and options?

If you keep the car for several years, I think the price you pay today will be less important than the experience you have with it, how reliable it is, and how much fun you have with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Nah. That’s crazy on a 3 yr old mustang.
Ask all the guys here and we can post up craigslist ads for same or better Mustang in your local area at way lower prices.
When dealer calls back, just send them a link and be like, yea I’m meeting a guy to look at this other stang, can y’all do 25,5 before TTL?

Then send another link. And another. They’ll be like eff it, local market saturated, better offer him 26k and see wtf.

A base 2018 will smoke that at 27,816 before TTL. Call Katy Ford. Drive it home in a weekend.

Call WBL Ford:
Buy the FRPP Track suspension for 1100
Brembo upgrade for 1100
GT350 rad 550
The 2018 are closer to 465 hp actual on 93.

No way would I touch a 2015 out of warranty with the AC problem. That should be a recall or just vent the coolant and take it in to get the new upgraded evaporator core for free ($3k+ out of warranty).
Can you find a low mileage S550 with performance package, premium package with Navi and Recaro Seats for anywhere near this price??

I’ve been searching like crazy, and I’m coming up empty handed. If you can point me in the right direction I would certainly appreciate it.

Performance package is a must for me. Premium is a must for me because I like the nicer interior and the larger screen

Recaros aren’t a must but I’d be MUCH happier with them

Any help I would appreciate!!

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Nah. That’s crazy on a 3 yr old mustang. Ask all the guys here and we can post up craigslist ads for same or better Mustang in your local area at way lower prices. When dealer calls back, just send them a link and be like, yea I’m meeting a guy to look at this other stang, can y’all do 25,5 before TTL? Then send another link. And another. They’ll be like eff it, local market saturated, better offer him 26k and see wtf. A base 2018 will smoke that at 27,816 before TTL. Call Katy Ford. Drive it home in a weekend.
Call WBL Ford:
Buy the FRPP Track suspension for 1100
Brembo upgrade for 1100
GT350 rad 550
The 2018 are closer to 465 hp actual on 93.
No way would I touch a 2015 out of warranty with the AC problem. That should be a recall or just vent the coolant and take it in to get the new upgraded evaporator core for free ($3k+ out of warranty).
A 2018 GT 300A with no options at all is $36k and they are offering them at Autonation Katy for $29.5k +TTL, true. But maybe he doesn't want 235s on 18"x8" sqaure, or cloth seats, or a tiny infotainment screen with giant buttons that looks like a 1980s caculator... just for the sake of a 6-7% increase in horsepower. Maybe he also doesn't want to give up leather, navigation, strut tower, firewall, and K-member bracing, a Torsen differential, BLIS, 255/275s on 19"x9/9.5" staggered, a better infotainment system... all for the same price. But it's not the same price, you suggested he spend another $2750 on top of the 2018 just to add part of the PP1 equipment to the base car. I also bought a 2015 six months ago instead of a ordering a 2018 of picking up a 2017 still on the lot. I also didn't want a stripped 2018 and I didn't want to spent over $30k. At that time there weren't many deals of 2018s so i would have been looking at $32-$33k +TTL for a base 300A with no options. I found two identically equipped cars, a new 2017 and a used 2015 with 7k miles. Both were GT 401A, GT PP, ACC, ESP, park assist, voice nav, Recaros... and the 2015 also already had a FRPP Borla cat back installed too. Sticker was $47k but I could get the 2017 for $38k+TTL or the 2015 for $29k+TTL. I went with the 2015. I could go buy a 2019 equally equipped for approaching $50k if I wanted to today but I just don't want to. Why don't you post all of these super low mile loaded 2015 GTs for $25k for him so he can reference them?

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
A 2018 GT 300A with no options at all is $36k and they are offering them at Autonation Katy for $29.5k +TTL, true. But maybe he doesn't want 235s on 18"x8" sqaure, or cloth seats, or a tiny infotainment screen with giant buttons that looks like a 1980s caculator... just for the sake of a 6-7% increase in horsepower. Maybe he also doesn't want to give up leather, navigation, strut tower, firewall, and K-member bracing, a Torsen differential, BLIS, 255/275s on 19"x9/9.5" staggered, a better infotainment system... all for the same price. But it's not the same price, you suggested he spend another $2750 on top of the 2018 just to add part of the PP1 equipment to the base car. I also bought a 2015 six months ago instead of a ordering a 2018 of picking up a 2017 still on the lot. I also didn't want a stripped 2018 and I didn't want to spent over $30k. At that time there weren't many deals of 2018s so i would have been looking at $32-$33k +TTL for a base 300A with no options. I found two identically equipped cars, a new 2017 and a used 2015 with 7k miles. Both were GT 401A, GT PP, ACC, ESP, park assist, voice nav, Recaros... and the 2015 also already had a FRPP Borla cat back installed too. Sticker was $47k but I could get the 2017 for $38k+TTL or the 2015 for $29k+TTL. I went with the 2015. I could go buy a 2019 equally equipped for approaching $50k if I wanted to today but I just don't want to. Why don't you post all of these super low mile loaded 2015 GTs for $25k for him so he can reference them?
I agree. I was doing math yesterday, and to get close to $28.5k on an 18 it would be base. I’d MUCH rather have the premium, leather recaros, performance package, etc, than an 18 with a bland interior.

That stuff if just more important to me.

I sent the salesman an email this morning, seeing if they will budge anymore on price. If they are willing to go under $28.5 I think I’m going to jump on it. Clean car fax, service records, etc.

Would there be any type of warranty on the car though? 2015 with 5,7xx miles???

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I was doing math yesterday, and to get close to $28.5k on an 18 it would be base. I’d MUCH rather have the premium, leather recaros, performance package, etc, than an 18 with a bland interior.

That stuff if just more important to me.

I sent the salesman an email this morning, seeing if they will budge anymore on price. If they
Start asking to throw in free stuff like an extended warranty if they won’t budge.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Start asking to throw in free stuff like an extended warranty if they won’t budge.
It’s not a ford dealer, it’s a BMW dealer that’s selling it

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The news is already out.....All the 15-17 GT's are holding value very well, especially the premiums. Reason: 18+ price increase.

OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
The news is already out.....All the 15-17 GT's are holding value very well, especially the premiums. Reason: 18+ price increase.
So would you say a 15 Premium with Performance, Nav, Leather Recaros 401A package with under 6,009 miles for $28.5 is a deal I shouldn’t pass up?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'd say it's a good deal if the car checks out ok.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a ford dealer, it’s a BMW dealer that’s selling it
Oh, I see. Too bad.
You mentioned that you have been looking around quite a bit and there’s not much out there. If this is what you’re looking for and it doesn’t have any mechanical issues then pull the trigger, even if they won’t budge. Low milage is hard to come by. Personally, I’d feed them a line of crap that you’re looking at a couple others very similar in comparison for less in a last attempt to get it cheaper.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
OP
OP

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Oh, I see. Too bad.
You mentioned that you have been looking around quite a bit and there’s not much out there. If this is what you’re looking for and it doesn’t have any mechanical issues then pull the trigger, even if they won’t budge. Low milage is hard to come by. Personally, I’d feed them a line of crap that you’re looking at a couple others very similar in comparison for less in a last attempt to get it cheaper.
Already with you, I’m waiting to hear a reply from an email I sent them this morning

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My warranty is 3 year/60000 km basic. 5 year/100000 km powertrain.