2015 mustang window delaminating

rnoswal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt, 50th anniversary
I bought the car earlier this year. I live in the south, Louisiana, the car was originally bought in the south and appears to have been in the sun most of its life. I keep in under an awning or in my garage. I just noticed today that all around the edges of my front windshield there are lightened bubbles all around the perimiter of it. This definately shouldn't be normal and why I didn't catch it before I bought it is my bad. I know delamination when I see it. I don't know if this is the place to write about this but I thought I would try and if it needs to be moved, I can.

Just wondering if this has been noticed by anyone else, whether it has been it the bright hot sun a lot or if it happens just anywhere north, west, east or south.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Pictures?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi Russell, welcome to the forum. I do not recall this kind of issue coming up on this forum before. Checked Google and the only prevalent issue is chipping and cracking.

Do you even know if this is the original factory glass as it might be a replacement. Regardless if it bothers you the only course of action is getting a new windshield.

EDIT: Never mind. Did a little more searching. Bingo!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...nate-between-windshield-glass-bubbling.91415/

OP
OP
rnoswal

rnoswal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt, 50th anniversary
Hi Russell, welcome to the forum. I do not recall this kind of issue coming up on this forum before. Checked Google and the only prevalent issue is chipping and cracking.

Do you even know if this is the original factory glass as it might be a replacement. Regardless if it bothers you the only course of action is getting a new windshield.

EDIT: Never mind. Did a little more searching. Bingo!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...nate-between-windshield-glass-bubbling.91415/
Pictures?
Stangtime, I hope you checked back here to look at what bikeman315 posted about this. It shows pictures in that posting of how mine looks exactly.

Thanks bikeman315. I appreciate the welcome. And I appreciate doing that research about the windshield. It would appear that heat and time will do that but not after 6 years. I have a 2000 ford F150, originallyowned, that shows no signs of delamination. I have had it replaced once for a crack though but still more than 10 yrs of direct sunlight. As far as my Mustang having the original, I don't know but it has a lot of pitting from the previous owner.

Not sure if I can get it inspected to see if it looks bad enough to a glass replacement shop to send a notice to my insurance that it needs to be replaced. I will try that this Monday. Not an overwhelming number of complaints of that link but I am sure more that don't belong to this furum have had problems with this.

Thanks again

Russ
Sponsored